Cloud Anti-Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to fill my laptop with Amsoil and ARX. That will protect it.
wink.gif

I ran internal testing at my old company to choose a corporate anti-virus package that was flexible, easy to use for our end users and cost effective.

After all the testing, it came down to 2.

Eset NOD32
Kaspersky A/V.

Nod32 won hands down in terms of speed, but its interface was clunky/not user friendly. Heuristics were even with Kaspersky but Kaspersky had the advantage of an easy to understand UI for end users so I went with that.

I highly recommend the above 2 A/Vs. I recommend that you actually purchase an A/V as most of the free ones aren't 100% dependable when it comes to certain threats.

If you are going to use a free anti-virus and are unable to afford a pay for one, then use Avira. Internal testing ranked it pretty good against KAV & NOD32.

I would highly recommend AVIRA. They have a free version of their client for basic coverage. The scanning engine is very fast and even though they do get som false-positives, the stuff it catches is worth the hassle.

http://www.freeav.com/

We use the enterprise version where I work and I love it. I looked at ESET, Kaspersky, G-DATA, Vipre, Trand-Micro, AVG, Symantec, and AVIRA. AVIRA won hands down. A close second was Vipre for features per dollar. It is also a decent AV program, although still a little too new of a solution for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back