cleaning the inside of the windscreen

Vinegar/water mixture and a shower squeegee. Works well even with only water as long as you keep wiping the squeegee clean after every swipe.
I keep a shower squeegee in every car.

Vinegar/water mixture and a shower squeegee. Works well even with only water as long as you keep wiping the squeegee clean after every swipe.
I keep a shower squeegee in every car.
Do you have very flat windshields or a very flexible squeegee?

What are these relics called newspapers you guys are referring to ? :LOL:

On the INSIDE of the windshield ?
Shower squeegees come in different sizes. A small one, the rubber squeegee blade being 4 to 6 inches long with a short handle.

I know the exact type you're referring to. Had one until this weekend, in fact - it had a small rip in it that left a line of glass cleaner when you used it ! :ROFLMAO:

What I meant was the many windshields are just so hard to reach all around and get them cleaned well.

Like wheels, there are no shortcuts to cleaning glass. There are no miracle cleaners that will permit a low-effort, one-pass job, and throwing ever more caustic chemicals at the job is no substitute for manual effort.

Use a good product (I like IG), the right material (waffle weave towels), and don't be surprised if it requires multiple efforts if there is heavy soiling.

This is NOT for aftermarket tinted windows. For the interior & exterior windshield I soak a MF towel in 70% isopropyl alcohol, damp/wet but not dripping. Do a small section and immediately wipe it dry with a clean MF towel. Continue until complete. Then a final wipe down with another clean dry MF towel and I can see clearly now :oops:

My wife bought some Norwex cleaning rags. Just use water and the rag. The windows are cleaner than any chemical Ive ever used. Use them on vehicles, the house, everything with glass. Not sure about aftermarket tint though...No streaks ever.

Not trying to sound like an Amsoil salesman, but these things are the best Ive ever seen. And Ive been driving for 31 years. I dont know how much they cost (and maybe I shouldn't know), and I think its like tupperware or Mary Kay where they have "parties" to sell the stuff, but it just works.

The Norwex cloth appear to be just a common 70/30 microfiber towel. Maybe I missed something but I don't see anything unique about it other than their questionable antibacterial claims. I'm sure it works well just making a statement.

Like wheels, there are no shortcuts to cleaning glass. There are no miracle cleaners that will permit a low-effort, one-pass job, and throwing ever more caustic chemicals at the job is no substitute for manual effort.

Use a good product (I like IG), the right material (waffle weave towels), and don't be surprised if it requires multiple efforts if there is heavy soiling.
I am just now learning this truth about wheels...😎😎

thank you all

You guys have a good range of off the shelf products to choose from. From the feedback, it looks like invisible glass is a good one to go for.

As for newspapers, gone are the days when almost every window cleaner used them. Papers these days oeave more ink behind than the cleaning they do :( so although they canabsord the oily stuff, they leave the ink on eveything glass, fingers, etc!

The main pain for me to clean the inside. Even after cleaning although fine in normal daylight,, at night and low sun, fogging/ smearing is noticeable

thank you all

You guys have a good range of off the shelf products to choose from. From the feedback, it looks like invisible glass is a good one to go for.

As for newspapers, gone are the days when almost every window cleaner used them. Papers these days oeave more ink behind than the cleaning they do :( so although they canabsord the oily stuff, they leave the ink on eveything glass, fingers, etc!

The main pain for me to clean the inside. Even after cleaning although fine in normal daylight,, at night and low sun, fogging/ smearing is noticeable
I agree, somewhere along the way news papers changed and no longer work for cleaning glass or mirrors. Wally has some micro fiber towels made for windows that work well. I also use the Invisible Glass tool but only need it on the back window which is hard for me to reach.

You will like the Invisible glass although I'm using Sprayway now and I prefer the aerosol foam vs the pump because it stays put.

Cleaning the inside of windshields can be tricky especially if there is haze from the interior plastics or from cigarette smoke ( I used to smoke but quit 5or 6 years ago best descision ever). First park you car in the shade and make sure the windshield is cool. In a quality spray bottle ( like the ZEP one from HD or Lowes) mix water and a few drops of ultra dawn. Spray a section with the solution and use a damp sponge to clean and wipe the area. Once the whole w/s is done, use invisible glass or spra way and lint free towels (I use Scotts blue towels). The reason for the soapy water first is to remove the oily residues from off gassing plastic, vinyl protectors, and tar etc. I have found this 2 step, although tedious, is the best way for cleaning a windshield or interior glass (like where my kiddo sits in the back). If you don't remove the oils the glass cleaner wont be as effective and you'll use a ton of it and get streaks. Also the glass must be cool and cleaned in the shade or you'll also get tons of streaks.

Back