Classic car wax

Thanks, RTexasF!

Question -

The label says “Contains Cleaners and Fillers”
And the description says it is meant for use AFTER the polish step but before any wax or sealant.

If it has cleaners and fillers in it, why not wash, clay, use the White Diamond, then protect the “shimmer” with Collinite 845S or Menzerna Power Lock Plus?

Thanks, RTexasF!

Question -

And the description says it is meant for use AFTER the polish step but before any wax or sealant.

If it has cleaners and fillers in it, why not wash, clay, use the White Diamond, then protect the “shimmer” with Collinite 845S or Menzerna Power Lock Plus?
PB's White Diamond is a glaze that hides imperfections used on light colors. Their Black Hole is for darker ones. The cleaners are very light duty in each. Apologies RTexas for butting in.

Thanks, RTexasF!

Question -

Sounds like a great plan. Never knew of Menzerna but looked earlier at a dark car that was detailed and said they used it. That car was amazing, I mean stunning looking. I tell you. These days if my garage was not filled with a lot of products I used to use often it would be hard to chose. I was hanging in Walmart the other day waiting on a tire repair and was blown away by the auto cleaning / detail section. WOW. So many new products. One good thing was they are not insane expensive. I don't have any black vehicles anymore. They used to keep me pretty busy. Now I have wife's pearl white (a color she always wanted) and my car is gun metal grey. They much easier. Since I can barley do all that anymore we pay about $30 a month at this guys I knows touchless car wash n wax about 2 miles from home and he told me take em thru every day of the week if I like! Don't do it but it helps a lot. Biggest thing is we lucky we have always had a double garage on the house and a seperate shop/garage in the back yard so we can keep em out of the weather. Here is that place I saw that stunning car: https://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/menzerna-power-lock-sealant-review-with-pictures/ (Its a deep blue Corvette) (y)

Last edited:
If looks are more important than longevity this will wow you...

may have to check out for our white car. Probably easy on and off. I still manage to try to detail wife's car in garage about once a year if I feel up to it. Other wise its a ride thru the touchless wash n wax. You gotta keep something on them now a days. Got a buddy with a 2015 big nice Toyota Tundra in beautiful forrest green who let his go.... The roof and hood paint is destroyed and the rest looks like new. That direct sun and no place to park it under did it to him.

may have to check out for our white car. Probably easy on and off. I still manage to try to detail wife's car in garage about once a year if I feel up to it. Other wise its a ride thru the touchless wash n wax. You gotta keep something on them now a days. Got a buddy with a 2015 big nice Toyota Tundra in beautiful forrest green who let his go.... The roof and hood paint is destroyed and the rest looks like new. That direct sun and no place to park it under did it to him.
Sounds like a warranty claim to me. 6 years and the paint is toast?

Thanks, RTexasF!

Question -

No reason at all. If longevity is the goal then Power lock. If killer looks and less longevity is the goal then go with Collinite 845 for the carnauba depth/reflection. Including a machine polish in your steps will ensure a more brilliant appearance with either.

Never knew of Menzerna but looked earlier at a dark car that was detailed and said they used it.
Many moons ago when I detailed for a living Menzerna was the top of the heap as far as polishes/compounds. Their products were limited in production and types so it was easy to choose from them. Nowadays they have many products with somewhat confusing labels which makes product choice a bit of a chore.

The Powerlock is an excellent product but to my old eyes, the look is a bit sterile and lacks the brilliance that a carnauba product would instill. It all boils down to personal taste and the desired results.

PB's White Diamond is a glaze that hides imperfections used on light colors. Their Black Hole is for darker ones. The cleaners are very light duty in each. Apologies RTexas for butting in.
No apologies needed. Good info, thanks. I've used both on customers' cars that just wouldn't cough up the $$$ for paint correction. They work as advertised.

Many moons ago when I detailed for a living Menzerna was the top of the heap as far as polishes/compounds. Their products were limited in production and types so it was easy to choose from them. Nowadays they have many products with somewhat confusing labels which makes product choice a bit of a chore.

The Powerlock is an excellent product but to my old eyes, the look is a bit sterile and lacks the brilliance that a carnauba product would instill. It all boils down to personal taste and the desired results.
Then you must know about Griot's Garage and his catalogs? The guy has a hell of a business and so many products. He is proud of them and charges premium prices for sure. I have some tools and detailing products covered in dust these days in my shop I bought from them in the past. Everything from them is quality made. The main thing still in use is the oil extractor / brake bleeder my nephew uses these days when he services my cars. Think they are headquartered / located in the North / West USA.... Washington state?

I have used a few Griot's products but not many. The ones I have used were top-notch. They are a bit pricey.
YES. They are very proud of their products when you see the selling prices.:oops: Good thing though is things you may not find other places , He has them at Griot's Garage. I mostly always have some product or tool or something in my shop and garage from Griots.

Back