Classic car wax

I am wondering what you guys use for the garage queen classic cars. On my white 70 Chevelle SS I have had good luck with Meguiars 26 and NXT as it makes the paint look wet/candy coated. Always open to ideas for making white paint pop.

The final product should have a minimal impact on appearance. The appearance is largely driven by the condition of the paint. If the paint is polished to perfection, even a finish with no protection will look excellent.

With that said, carnauba type products or glazes tend to have better filling abilities than the current crop of sealants and coatings.

26 while very good, seems to be a older tech product. Their latest M27 sealant would give the same if not better shine, last longer and be easier to apply. Personally, I've gone from that to the Turtle Wax Graphine spray sealant. Even easier to apply and longer lasting.

Preparation is the key. That will produce the shine, not the wax.

Sealants provide excellent durability versus wax. However, wax gives depth to the look. So it depends on what you are looking for.

If this is a show car then show waxes would be the way to go. Show waxes are not very durable though. If this is not a show car then another option is to apply a good quality sealant and after the prescribed curing time apply a coat of wax. That would give depth on top of the durability.

White is a harder color to pop. If you have already found a solution that you like then I would stick with it.

White is a harder color to pop.
Not if its pearl, and tinted windows or red trim.

005.jpg

Never tried 5050 but have never used any CG product that was better than mediocre.
I like some of some of their soaps, and Speed Wipe. And 5050. It's a great paste wax. Easy to use and has a nice warm glow. A great carnauba for a garaged show car. Its a little expensive at full price; I think I got my tin for $20 on sale.

Poorboy's World Natty's is probably my all-time favorite wax though. When it comes to ease-of-use and price, it's very hard to beat. You can even apply it in full sun!

I am wondering what you guys use for the garage queen classic cars. On my white 70 Chevelle SS I have had good luck with Meguiars 26 and NXT as it makes the paint look wet/candy coated. Always open to ideas for making white paint pop.
Wife's current Pearl white Honda I use the NXT. My last Chevelle (2019) I was using Collinite waxes and an amazing polish called Liquid Glass. Always followed the pattern in my professional detailers car show hand book. It listed using a cleaner polish like Meguires Show car glaze or Liquid Glass, to clean and prep surface for wax. Then a supreme wax like a Collinite 476 or 915. Day before show a liquid quick wax like Collinite Insulator last step wax. (easy on and off) Then to make it pop right before or at the shows, use your favorite spray on detailer. The detailers and glazes are to be removed and rubbed real good without allowing them to dry. Glazes and detailers I would go with Meguires or Mothers. (both worked great and about the same results and costs). Liquid Glass on expensive side. Its a lot of work / labor of love if you really want to sit back and admire or go car show hopping. If not NXT and all the latest Meguires or Mothers quick waxes won't be time consuming or tough to remove. They will look awesome but just wont last as long. I was obsessed with my paint job and would have the car parked right in the attatched house garage in winter instead of my back yard shop so I could easily and often walk in there and before you knew it I had rags and waxes or polishes going one section at a time. Sometimes I would take most of the day going in and out doing one section then watch some football, then back to garage. Wife finally caught on after a couple "what do you keep going in and out of the garage for?" LOL - Those damp nasty winter wet days stuck inside were perfect for that.

Attachments

• liquid glass polish.jpg
    liquid glass polish.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 8
  • meguiresmirrorglaze.jpeg
    meguiresmirrorglaze.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 10
  • collinite476.jpg
    collinite476.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 13
  • collinite915.jpg
    collinite915.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 12
  • collinitelaststep.jpg
    collinitelaststep.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Meguiresinstantdetailer.jpg
    Meguiresinstantdetailer.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 10
Can we see that 70 SS Chevy? Got to be sweet..... in White. Love a White or Black car. Had them both over the years.

I like some of some of their soaps, and Speed Wipe. And 5050. It's a great paste wax. Easy to use and has a nice warm glow. A great carnauba for a garaged show car. Its a little expensive at full price; I think I got my tin for $20 on sale.

Poorboy's World Natty's is probably my all-time favorite wax though. When it comes to ease-of-use and price, it's very hard to beat. You can even apply it in full sun!
Poorboys is pretty hard to beat for most of their products. I like Natty's but I typically go for their EX sealant with Carnauba and sometimes I top it with another Nuba depending on time allowed and mood.

I LOVE IT. Color scheme inside and out looks so cool together. Have not seen many with that shade interior against White. Looks awesome. Even the black top compliments the stripes. I have seen a few Mopars (GTX, Super Bee) in that same exact color scheme that looked awesome too. Sweet how you have it looking so stock and not over done. My last model like that one was a 1972. Not an SS, just a Malibu. I found that model , what ? 4th generation to me was the most fun to drive of all the Chevlles we owned.

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax is a great car show wax. High Carnauba content. Prior to the great covid coming, I walked around a car show and about 50% or the owners told me they use insulators wax

Back