classic Camaro

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Spotted this really nice Camaro at the Ace Hardware store. Did a quick walk around, it's extremely straight, nice gaps, paint and trim. Not a Camaro expert, '69?
camaro1.jpg

camaro2.jpg

Not a Camaro expert, '69?
Yes. First-generation Camaros & Firebirds were '67-'69 model years, but the '69 was the only year that had those creases in the body's beltline.

There are other differences of course, but that's the most obvious one.

A little over 20,000 1969 Z/28's were built, I imagine less than half survived. Bet there are more "numbers matching" '69 Z/28's than were ever built:)

Nice looking car regardless!
LOL….I was at the Charlotte Autofair a few years ago and overheard a bidder in the auction tent quip that there were more 69 Camaros now, than Chevy ever built. :pPersonally, I would take a 67/68 over the 69 8 days a week.

Had a buddy that had a completely custom 69 built. Used the shell from a non Z28, tube frame, Jaguar independent rear, bunch of cool parts.

Lost contact with him over the years, but I always thought it was a cool project. I love that body style, but like all things 'old' I'd rather have a modern drivetrain under it.

--Edit--

Actually managed to find a page about it:

A little over 20,000 1969 Z/28's were built, I imagine less than half survived. Bet there are more "numbers matching" '69 Z/28's than were ever built:)

Nice looking car regardless!
We used to call them "ME Too's" around here because the joke was everyone had one. Hey, you have a Z28, yep me too!!!

Back