Circle K drops Shell?

A recent occurrance here in the Indy area is Shell stations are harder to find !
Circle K stations have dropped Shell! why !??
not cool !!

I want my V Power !

I am fairly certain that C-store brands such as Circle K, or 7-11, are not wedded to any particular gasoline brand - it is up to the distributor/dealer to enter into franchise or branding agreements for their C-stores.

Circle K and other convenience stores are kind of odd when it comes to branding. I've seen Circle K stores around here attached to 76 or Valero gas stations. And even one that's Circle K/Burger King/Valero. It may be up to the franchisee, especially where some franchisees own several stores in the same area.

Some Circle K locations have Circle K branded fuel. I saw this saying that they have "Circle K fuel with miles", although that seems to be a big push in Europe. This was from 2018 making claims of Top Tier (don't see it on the Top Tier website) along with 63 or so stations in Florida that would have their own brand, plus 20 more coming.

I'd note that the Circle K brand is owned by Alimentation Couche-Tard, which also owns the Valero retail brand name along with the Corner Store convenience store chain.

What I think happened, and this is just my opinion, is that there is no more 94 octane fuel.
There was a thread a while back about some 94 and mid grade pumps being locked out. I initially suggested that the tanks didn't meet octane numbers.
The other day, I was at my local Shell, and all the premium pumps have been changed from 94 to 93.
This would likely be a supplier decision. In other words, it is no longer feasible to refine/sell/store/pipeline/ or ship 94 octane as a seperate product.

Thankfully ours still has Shell as their provider. V-Power all day every day (for the Jetta). Accord gets 87. I sure hope they don't move out of our area. Ours is located less than a half mile away from home, very convenient!

I'd note that the Circle K brand is owned by Alimentation Couche-Tard, which also owns the Valero retail brand name along with the Corner Store convenience store chain.
Whenever we're in Quebec, my kids love going to the Couche-Tard. Yes it has the same C-store stuff as any other, but we just love saying the name over and over again.

Whenever we're in Quebec, my kids love going to the Couche-Tard. Yes it has the same C-store stuff as any other, but we just love saying the name over and over again.

I'd be scared that the owl is looking at me.

act-home-page-new.jpg

Probably less than 10 Shell stations left in my area of Kansas City. Quick Trip here in KC is married to the Phillips 66 distributors but not branded as such, as there are lots of Phillips stations here also. There are a couple of BP's . That is about it here as far as TT stations. Would love to see a Texaco or Chevron come to the area.

Back