Chrysler Oil Spec

I've used 5w-30, 5w-20 and 0w-20 in the Caravan. Both Pennzoil and Valvoline and currently running VWB. I don't lose any sleep over specs. I'm easy on the motor when driving and change the oil at reasonable intervals.

Some people are super paranoid about not using the proper spec in the owners manual. How did we survive 20 years ago???
I’ve ran 0w40 in mine, made absolutely 0 difference vs 0w20 and 5w20, except the oil pressure while cruising was 40psi instead of 30 according to the EVIC.

Many thanks for the comments. I went with the Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30, and went comfortably to sleep.
Made a good choice. That's what is in my Caravan at the moment for last 3200 miles. One of the oils that I used that didn't get noisy after 3k. I plan to run OLM.

I've used 5w-30, 5w-20 and 0w-20 in the Caravan. Both Pennzoil and Valvoline and currently running VWB. I don't lose any sleep over specs. I'm easy on the motor when driving and change the oil at reasonable intervals.

Some people are super paranoid about not using the proper spec in the owners manual. How did we survive 20 years ago???
You bet. I’m 67. No idea how I survived to 30 without GFCI receptacles!

Reactions: JC1
You bet. I’m 67. No idea how I survived to 30 without GFCI receptacles!
GFCI’s are the bane of my existence.

Ran our Grand Caravan out till it was hounding me for an oil change, took almost a year. I’ll probably stick with that and pennzoil. The older I get the less my oil choices bother me lol

Im an old man at 63....and in my Jeep GC I went with 5w 20 Valvoline syn...In my 2018 Journey I use 5w 20 QS full syn...its dumb not to use the same in both the 2.4 and the 3.6
In the old 2009 Ram I use 10w 30 QS dinolube the 5.7 got 140k miles and it likes it......

Back