Chrysler ATF+4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at Walmart and was gonna buy 10 Qts of Supertech ATF+4 and try it in the 2005 Sebring but they only had 6 Qts. I thought about using 6 Qts of Supertech and then 4 Qts of Valvoline ATF+4.

I am not a big mixing fan so I just got 10 Qts of the Valvoline.

For all I know the Supertech is made by Valvoline.

I recall reading here that mixing one brand of ATF+4 with another brand is no problem at all. IIRC all ATF+4 is made to the exact same Chrysler specification.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Was at Walmart and was gonna buy 10 Qts of Supertech ATF+4 and try it in the 2005 Sebring but they only had 6 Qts. I thought about using 6 Qts of Supertech and then 4 Qts of Valvoline ATF+4.

I am not a big mixing fan so I just got 10 Qts of the Valvoline.

For all I know the Supertech is made by Valvoline.
Actually I believe ST is made by Warren Performance Packaging (WPP), look at the bottom. I recently drained and refilled my Altima with ~5.25 qts of the ST Multi Vehicle. After some research it appears ST trans fluid(s) are the same as MAG 1 trans fluids. I used ST with no worries and the Altima is shifting great. At $3.77 it sure beat the the ~$8+ a quart the dealer wanted for the Nissan, and it had better specs than the Castrol Multi Vehicle.

I don't think mixing would have been an issue but I understand you not wanting to mix. With ST trans fluid you have to scope it out for a while and catch while you can and stock up. I bought 8 qts. just to be sure and returned 2 after the drain.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I recall reading here that mixing one brand of ATF+4 with another brand is no problem at all. IIRC all ATF+4 is made to the exact same Chrysler specification.

That is correct. All ATF+4 is the same.

If you take a look at the product info sheets, you will find very slight variations...

Manager at Auto Value told me their Parts Master oil and tranny fluid was Valvoline. So I wondered.

Who else does Warren make for?

Last edited:
Manager at Auto Value told me their Parts Master oil and tranny fluid was Valvoline. So I wondered.

Who else does Warren make for?

That is correct. Look on the back and you'll see that it is made by Ashland (Valvoline).

Got this from Warren Products by email:

We are the manufacturer of those oils for Michigan . The Full Synthetic is Group III base oil with a robust additive package and meets the latest API specifications. The ATF+4 is a fully licensed product by Chrysler and conforms to their quality and performance specifications. You can check out our website at MAG1.com. The MAG oil is house brand name and Super Tech products have the same product specifications.

Dietz Brock

P.S: He also said that there are 3 suppliers for Supertech products.

Last edited:
The ATF+4's have to meet a chrysler specification with respect to the base oils and the additive package. The base oils can come from different suppliers, but the additive package is from lubrizol only.

Chrysler ATF is much better and different than Dex/Merc which is why universal ATF's don't support it.

Originally Posted By: ionbeam22
Chrysler ATF is much better and different than Dex/Merc which is why universal ATF's don't support it.

The ATF+4 is a specific licensing program, which is why universal ATFs do not use the designation, but words like this:

"provides the exact frictional characteristics required in the MS7176 specification"

"recommended in applications calling for ATF+, ATF+2, ATF+3, and ATF+4"

"recommended for transmissions, hydraulics, power steering and other applications requiring any of the following specifications:"

"• Chrysler ATF+4®".

Got this from Warren Products by email:

We are the manufacturer of those oils for Michigan . The Full Synthetic is Group III base oil with a robust additive package and meets the latest API specifications. The ATF+4 is a fully licensed product by Chrysler and conforms to their quality and performance specifications. You can check out our website at MAG1.com. The MAG oil is house brand name and Super Tech products have the same product specifications.

Dietz Brock

P.S: He also said that there are 3 suppliers for Supertech products.

That's interesting. I'll have to double check the ATF+4, but the Parts Master brand oils in my corner of the world are all made by Ashland.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back