Chonda junk

Status
Not open for further replies.
"As it stands now, the government mandate to mix alcohol in fuel and the price subsidies are just a giant corporate welfare scheme to a few large farms and agribusinesses."

I've been saying the same thing all along. A handful of the politically connected and their cronies with money made this scam happen.

Government representatives/lobbyist sit around in a room and cook up the plan. Cronies connected to them have inside info so they invest money in the scheme and rake down millions.

Farmers in states growing corn love it. Distillers love it, investors love it.

Unfortunately for consumers, we get an inferior fuel and no ecological benefit from using it.

Personally, I've had no problems with E10 in my fuel. However, I do have a problem with the fact that the alcohol for fuel benefit is not there and using a food source for automobile fuel when people are going hungry is shameful.

ah but borticus, farmers love it? it drove fertilizer prices out of sight! i think farmers wanted to love it, then reality set in
cry.gif
thus everything corn related went up

Last edited:
But it is partly a carburetor problem. You keep forgetting that I mentioned more than once that my other older Briggs equipment haven't had starting issues even without stabil. So you can call it Honda OPE bashing (since it is their design copied) or chonda bashing, a gas problem, that stabil doesn't work or whatever. It isn't the case, but I'm not going to get in a silly debate with you.

youre post seemed pretty silly to me!!! i think youre looking for an arguement? the carb IS FUEL related!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mechanicx
But it is partly a carburetor problem. You keep forgetting that I mentioned more than once that my other older Briggs equipment haven't had starting issues even without stabil. So you can call it Honda OPE bashing (since it is their design copied) or chonda bashing, a gas problem, that stabil doesn't work or whatever. It isn't the case, but I'm not going to get in a silly debate with you.

Pardon my ignorance. I've always been under the impression that a carb problem/failure had something to do with the carburetor itself. I.e. bad float, leaking float needle, broken linkage, inoperative butterfly valve etc.

I wasn't aware that contaminated fuel would qualify as a "carb problem". Sure it will cause problems for the carb, but you cannot blame the carb for that.

No debate necessary really.

come on borticus, i was gonna team up w ya for once, dirty/bad fuel can cause carb problems...........sticky float/needle/etc

Originally Posted By: kcfx4
come on borticus, i was gonna team up w ya for once, dirty/bad fuel can cause carb problems...........sticky float/needle/etc

That's what I said in my previous post. Bad fuel will cause carb problems. The carb didn't cause the problem. The fuel did.

If I buy a machine and dump dirty fuel into it and cause problems with the carb, and take it in for service, would the dealer replace the carb? Not likely. Would the dealer bill me for cleaning the carb? Probably. Should he? Sure.

A carburetor that tends to be harder starting than other carbs under similar circumstance for whatever reason is a carb problem. You can continue to assume the fuel treated with stabil was contaminated, but the same fuel isn't causing any problems in other equipment. To keep repeating your opinion and assumptions is debating.

A carburetor that tends to be harder starting than other carbs under similar circumstance for whatever reason is a carb problem. You can continue to assume the fuel treated with stabil was contaminated, but the same fuel isn't causing any problems in other equipment. To keep repeating your opinion and assumptions is debating.

Didn't you say in one of your previous posts that the machine is now running fine? Same carb right? What's changed? The fuel possibly?

Originally Posted By: boraticus
If I buy a machine and dump dirty fuel into it and cause problems with the carb, and take it in for service, would the dealer replace the carb? Not likely. Would the dealer bill me for cleaning the carb? Probably. Should he? Sure.

Now it's dirty fuel huh
crazy.gif
? The same fuel magically became dirtier when it was poured into a certain newer equipment. You know, some carb designs can be more prone to gumming up, have smaller orifices and just more sensitive etc.

Originally Posted By: boraticus

Didn't you say in one of your previous posts that the machine is now running fine? Same carb right? What's changed? The fuel possibly?

You're are not getting my point that the carb doesn't have to be physically broken only that it can have a tendency to restrict fuel and be hard starting. This concept applies to some carburetor and even fuel injector applications. The carburetor is flushed out now enough to start. You can continue to ignore that the same fuel works fine in other equipment, so the fuel is not contaminated and dirty. Anyway enough going around in circles here.

i said that in page one, by bloing either into the boys minibike chonda powered, as to chonda....how long has it been since briggs blew your dress up?? Kawasaki has em all beat!!

argue all you want.....the chick came b4 the egg....were all 3 sayin its carb/fuel related

He is saying the gas is contaminated and dirty, and I'm saying it's not, works fine in other equipment and that the carburetor has a tendency to restrict. It's my gas and my equipment and I don't need him to keep telling me what he thinks from afar the situation really is.

argue all you want.....the chick came b4 the egg....were all 3 sayin its carb/fuel related

He is saying the gas is contaminated and dirty, and I'm saying it's not, works fine in other equipment and that the carburetor has a tendency to restrict. It's my gas and my equipment and I don't need him to keep telling me what he thinks from afar the situation really is.

I'm not say that your fuel was contaminated. I used that analogy as an example of fuel being the cause of a problem. Not the carb.

Your problem was fuel related in that it had probably dried up in the carb causing the float needle to stick thus the difficulty in starting.

The dried fuel/varnish would be established as the cause for carb failure if in fact the carburetor is running well now.

Claiming that it was "Chonda Junk" causing hard starting is more than a little off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back