choice of tires

6 choices available to me locally as i do not want to mail order.
Is there a choice here you would take? tire is LT245/75R16 load range E for all

The truck does not quite see the mileage and use in hauling as it used to, last set of tires were from 2011 and are being replaced as tread is worn down and I noticed cracking on side walls, it's time for new tires. Use of truck is 99% all highway with lighter loads when I do haul. 1% chance i may haul a car.

Prices as offered to me are per tire and include mounting and balancing but not sales tax which is going to add another $70 to 80$ per set of 4 m/l.

1.) Hankook Dynapro AS RH03LT-$250
2.) Michelin Agilis Crossclimate LT-(i generally don't drive this truck on snow days, i have other vehicles for that use with snow tires)-$255
3.) Bridgestone V-steel rib R265-$270
4.) Statewide CCX All terrain-$226
5.)Hankook Dynapro HT-$224
6.)Sumitomo Encounter HT-$204

this is first i have heard of statewide tires, link below. of course the price on the link below, does not include shipping or mounting and balance costs..

I actually don't want to know more. Personally, only Michelin and Bridgestone would be my consideration. I know Sumitomo and Hankook are not going to disintegrate etc. but strictly from performance, quality, performance retention aspect, only those two.

I had a set of Hercules on my 2002 2500HD. Towed car trailers, boats and my 8000 lbs travel trailer for 56,000 miles on them. Some of the best LT tires I have ever had on a truck. I believe the are manufactured by Cooper. Last truck had Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT. I liked them, but all said and done there were just over 300 bucks a piece. Current truck has Goodyear Wranglers...I hate them. I tow often, for your use? I would go with 1, 5 or 6. Why spend the extra money if you don't need to?

Last edited:
I'd stay away from anything Michelin, especially for tires that will "age out" before they wear out.
Michelin rubber just doesn't tend to handle the passage of time well.... especially considering the tires on it now are 13 years old.
If you're referring to the small cracking in the sidewalls, that's pretty normal on Michelin and usually harmless. I bought a used set over 10 years ago that had some cracking and they haven't really gotten much worse since.

I have that Sumi tire model on Sportage for a few years now, like the tires quite a bit.
One interesting thing about the tire is that lettering is smooth on one side and raised on the other side. You can go with 'rugged' look or 'car' look depending on which side is mounted out.

Back