Chmical Intervention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just got an order of car chemicals in and it prompted me to reorganize my shelf. Packing all those big bottles in meant I didn't have access to anything, so I decided to cruise to Home Depot and check out shelves.

I couldn't find a shelf that matched my existing one, so I cheaped out and bought a lego kit. It's actually pretty sturdy for being injection molded plastic.

I was stupid enough to show my wife my progress and got an earfull aobut having too much stuff. Here's the results:

Filters, rags and gloves on top, oil and lubrication products on bottom:
P1000452.JPG

Assorted spray lubricants, brake and coolants:
P1000453.JPG

Stoners, 303, Meg's detailer and assorted conatiners.
P1000454.JPG

Flex, LCC Pads and applicator sprays bottles-

P1000455.JPG

Mutherlode here...

Meguiars Detailer Products-
D156 - Synthetic Spray Wax
D110 - Hyper Wash
D103 - All Purpose Cleaner
D140 - Wheel Brightner
D120 - Glass Cleaner
D151 - Polish/wax
D155 - Last Touch Deatailer
D170 - Hyper Dressing

Chemical Guys-
Express Carnuba Wax
Leather Conditioner
Extreme Top Wax
P40 Acrylic Polish
CGC-1 - Light Compound
CGC-2 - Medium Compound
CGC-3 - Heavy Compound
New Car Fresh Scent
Leather Scent

303-
Fabric Cleaner
High Tech Fabric Guard
Aerospace Protectant

P1000456.JPG

Dang man! We need to have a BITOG detail day at your house in San Jose. Then take you out to one of those Vietnamese bars that have them hot girls sit on your lap as you drink. Dont tell your wife tho.

Wowee... Zowee!

I'll double up on a detail day too! Around BITOG, you don't run across too many stashes in which the detail chems outnumber/outweigh the oil bottles - and I have to admire the 303 formulas. Nifty stuff.

The wife is correct though, more oil is needed to re-establish the proper Yin-Yang balance.
lol.gif

very very very nice!
two things puzzle me tho.... an inordinate amount of gear lube, and the HUGE collections of detailing materials. do you run a detailing biz?

Originally Posted By: 190E26FTW
Dang man! We need to have a BITOG detail day at your house in San Jose. Then take you out to one of those Vietnamese bars that have them hot girls sit on your lap as you drink. Dont tell your wife tho.

Haha! A detail for a car that I've never touched takes me about 20 hours. Paint and carpets are what take the longest to "get right". I usually tell a customer I'll take the car Friday night and give it back Sunday afternoon.

As far as the "coffee" bars and "men's shampoo" places in San Jose... I've honestly never been. But a friend had his skull fractured with a glass bottle when a fight broke out, so you won't find me there.

Plus my Viet wife knows about those places.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
very very very nice!
two things puzzle me tho.... an inordinate amount of gear lube, and the HUGE collections of detailing materials. do you run a detailing biz?

Good eye! Those gear lube bottles cover three flavors. A few have only half left. I try to stock one oil change for each car. For awhile I had 6 big jugs of Mobil Clean 5k 5w-30. It was $11 at Walmart! I'm down to my last two. My wife drives alot so I'm about an oil change every month.

Not a detail biz, but I do detail (and charge) for the nighbors and on the real cheap for friends. I just did an inspection 2 (major tun-up) on my neighbors BMW. It was $250 in parts then I charged him $300 for labor and $200 or a super detail that took a long time. For $750 total he was really happy compared to the $1800 the stealer would have charged him for the tune up only.

I detailed my friend's Lexus SUV for a good steak dinner. I should have charged $100 to clean all the kid stains out of the seats and carpet. I spent a good 4 hours on the disgusting interior.

Next weekend is new brakes and full detail on my dad's Dodge truck. I'm not looking forward to that since it's a nasty work truck. Obviously parents get parts & labor for free. Consider it a payment on raising me and a deposit on all the babysitting they're going to do someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back