Chinese OPE oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently found a handful of end of season deals on OPE, all of which came with a bottle of oil. The MTD tiller I bought came with this bottle of engine oil. The whole thing is made in China, so the bottle of oil isn't really a surprise. It's simply the first time I've come across this. I tried searching, but didn't see any threads about this oil, or a VOA. Anyone else come across this?

CIMG1288.JPG

CIMG1291.JPG

CIMG1290.JPG

My thoughts? If Chinese oil is junk, what about the Chinese engine? Send it in for a VOA and keep us posted.

It's probably good enough for an MTD tiller.
Who knows, it might emit a nice Szechuan fragrance while operating.
Use it.

May be that "gutter oil" china is known for.

I'm sure it's fine. Use it for break-in period.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
I love how the grade isn't even hyphenated
lol.gif

Yes, a complete fail. Other oils aren't API but they don't include "SAE" in the designation either.

I've always used these Chinese oils for the first 5 hours of use for break in, then change to normal oil, with another 10 hours or so, then follow the manual after that. The last Chinese bottle of oil I used was 100% clear and didnt look like any motor oil I have ever seen before.

I save the bottles because they are small, usually 18 or 20 ounces, and refill them which makes oil changes a little easier next time.

I think it would be really cool if someone sent off some of this Chinese oil to get a VOA.

Tsk, tsk. Don't think you've quite got your finger on the popular pulse.

You're supposed to say it stinks of fish/burning refuse/Harbour Freight (whatever that is. I suppose it might be another way of saying fish).

I've got no experience of PRC oil, but ROC oil smells sort of... oily.

I've taken a sample. The PO closed before I could get there today. I'll send it off this week, and share the results when they come back. I'm just as curious as many of you are. Bottom of the bottle says "JWALS-01" and the oil itself has the most indescribable smell. If I had to use one word, I'd call it sweet.

CIMG1300.JPG

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Ducked, are you saying it's castor oil? LMAO

Uh?

Er..no. I'm not.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Ducked, are you saying it's castor oil? LMAO

Uh?

Er..no. I'm not.

OOPS!

IIRC the OLD software stopped you doing that.

Progress.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back