Chicago Restaurants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: benjamming
Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
$200.00 on a steak dinner? lol I eat at home, much cheaper, get what I want and eat in peace, lol. I have much better things to spend $200 on than a dinner!!!

I didn't say anything about spending $200 on a steak dinner ($75 each for a steak is pretty steep.) Why are you then posting in this thread?
I didnt say you did, Cogito did!

The Aja Steak House charges $18/oz for their kobe steak. So, it's not hard at all to spend $200 by yourself for a complete with wine. Anyway, even David Burke's Primehouse (arguably the best steak joint in the city right now) is going to hit you up for about $75 for the steak alone, so a nice dinner for two with wine is easily a $200 meal. Benjamming, are you restricted to places that are within walking distance of the Mag Mile strip? What hotel will you be using?

CivicFan,

Do they still charge to go up to the top of the Hancock Tower? If so, I assume this is waived for eating at the restaurant or is that fee just for the observatory?

I have never been charged to go up there.

Benjamming, here is an excellent restaurant that is kind of off the beaten tourista path, but in the Mag Mile area. Everybody I know who has eaten there has had nothing but the highest praise for their food. I recommend you give it shot. I feel you will be quite pleased with it.

mk Restaurant
868 N. Franklin St.
Chicago, IL 60610
(312) 482-9179

Hours:
Dinner: 5:30-9:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday; 5:30-10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday

Reservations recommended

Originally Posted By: CivicFan

CivicFan,

Do they still charge to go up to the top of the Hancock Tower? If so, I assume this is waived for eating at the restaurant or is that fee just for the observatory?

I have never been charged to go up there.

To go to the observatory you do have to pay (about $12 two years ago). IMO, skip the Siganture Room. I'd say go to the Signature Lounge, have a drink or coffee (neither will be cheap) but at least get something out of the $12 you'd spend to go to the observatory.

We saw Bistro 110 but we recently ate at a local place called Cafe 113 that was horrible. Number association was too close.
LOL.gif

Roy's was very good, just as in Hawaii. Their take on creme brulee, peanut butter & chocolate, was interesting. Lobster dim sum was amazing. Salmon was cooked perfectly even with the thinner edges not overcooked. It is still my wife's favorite place to eat.

Spiaggia Cafe was good as well. There were quite a few locals in there. Octopus was cooked well - not chewy or tough. Gnocchi was good but the wild boar in it could have just as well been beef stew meat - not impressed. Pasta was cooked perfectly, of course. The olive oil for the bread was quite a bit different than what we have at home, but pretty good all the same.

One guy that traveled with us ate at Gino's for lunch one day. He liked it. We didn't eat lunch that day.

Never been to Chicago but in Portland we have a Mortons steak house which I believe is from Chicago? Anyway the bone in ribeye is the best steak I have ever had. I order it every time I go there.

There's at least 100 good restaurants to eat at in Chicago. The "best of the best" is very subjective, and can vary depending on the crowd and if the kitchen is "on" that night.

You like good steak? There's at least 5 places that fit the bill. Pizza? Another dozen. Haute cuisine? Another 5. Sushi? Another 10.

I lived in Chicago almost 10 years, and I never made it to many of the top restaurants due to sheer quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back