Chicago pneumatic impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good are these I bought the cheap $100 1/2 impact they sell fro klutch and it's not powerful enough so I'll be returning it I see they sell a cp impact. Looks decent any opinions anyone ever dealt with their products

I used CP for years but the company has gone sketchy with their lower priced offerings. Thanks to offshoring and re-branding they are no longer that standard that other air tools are measured to. If it has to be a CP then the CP7748 is the one I would get.
Their higher priced large units are still top shelf but these are not sub $500 guns more like 1K and up.

An inadequate air supply will make a lot of air tools underpowered. You need to check pressure at the gun while running. I maintain about 125 psi on my regulator, to make up for pressure drops through lines, fittings, etc. Needs to be at 90 psi+ at the tool, not the regulator.

just get an aircat 1150.

**Flashes back to 3 threads about impact tools ago.**

Originally Posted By: Rand
just get an aircat 1150.

To think this is not the first impact thread from the OP...

Originally Posted By: Traction
An inadequate air supply will make a lot of air tools underpowered. You need to check pressure at the gun while running. I maintain about 125 psi on my regulator, to make up for pressure drops through lines, fittings, etc. Needs to be at 90 psi+ at the tool, not the regulator.
90psi at what cfm that's whats important.

In the shop and the compressors in the service vans we turned up air pressure to 175 plus psi and the the air tools worked great.

Need to use Milton V-Style fitting or better.
Not the standard that comes with air tools.

As for the Impact, I bought a used old model IR on the auction site.
Nobody was bidding on it so I got it for $35 shipped.
The outside condition was rough but it still works great.
I disassembled it, clean it, then put fresh grease.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Traction

+1. For a half inch gun 3/8" hose is a minimum, for a 3/4" gun 1/2 is minimum.

Originally Posted By: Trav
No doubt but not for long.
I got out of the business in 2000. The Snapon half inch impact broke the anvil several times where the IR 131 never broke with equal use. We needed the power for the big stuff.

When I was a mechanic at a Honda dealer, we'd temporarily crank up the air pressure when doing a timing belt job as no one had an Earthquake/Warlock impact back in the day. Don't be stealing my idea on the name brand Warlock guys.

just get an aircat 1150.

thumbsup2.gif
A great tool for the money!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
just get an aircat 1150.

thumbsup2.gif
A great tool for the money!

I own one as well, its great!

I really like my CP impacts.

I have a 7748 which is a great budget impact and will tackle most jobs.

I also have a 7731 3/8 stubby which is nice and compact and light.

I see the Mighty 7 impacts are starting to get more popular as they have a wide selection of impacts and are compact as well, and pretty decently priced

Aircraft 1150 just went to 123$ on Amazon today.

Well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back