Chevron Vartech Industrial System Cleaner

Last edited:
They've only got it listed for industrial gas turbines. Probably works great there I'm not sure I'd put it in a car though.

What are looking at using it for?

They've only got it listed for industrial gas turbines. Probably works great there I'm not sure I'd put it in a car though.

What are looking at using it for?
Edited my post for clarity. I was potentially considering it for automotive engines.

Edited my post for clarity. I was potentially considering it for automotive engines.

Could go either way honestly. SDS has naptha and an oil carrier as the bulk of it with some other trade secret ingredients. There is no real way to tell if those are compatible with typical automotive seals or not. You could email them and ask but they may not know.

The other thing I noticed is Chevron recommends changing filters before and after as well as having additional filters ready if they plug during the treatment. To me that makes it sound like it works very well but may also break of some large deposits as it works. Possibly large enough to cause issues.

Honestly though all that said its probably not any riskier that's using any other engine flush product.

Back