Chevron Supreme Antifreeze/Coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any experience with this stuff? From their website it appears that they have split up thier coolant product line like Zerex and have a separate Dexcool/import compatible, GO5, and old school green coolants. In the product sheet it specifically states that the Supreme doesn't meet Dexcool requirements.

I'm getting ready to change the coolant in my 76 Chevy Truck and don't want the All makes stuff, and Zerex Green is pretty scarce around here. The local Food Lion carries Chevron stuff so this might be the last "true green" coolant around...

Originally Posted By: StormRider

The local Food Lion carries Chevron stuff so this might be the last "true green" coolant around...

Got a farm supply store that caters to farmers and their old tractors? The local ones around here have plenty of green stuff and about twice a year they throw a pretty good sale on the stuff. Local farm supply stores around here sell Durex which is made by a name brand supplier, currently I can't recall the name.

Last edited:
No we don't have a Tractor supply that is within reasonable driving distance. All we have are chain part stores and Wal-Mart which only carry the all makes stuff (Peak, Prestone). I'm not sure if the house brands of green are the all makes stuff with the 2EHA..

I picked up 2 gallons of the concentrate at Food Lion today, along with 2 gallons of distilled. I'm just doing a drain and refill as the coolant was changed about 3 years ago while replacing a wiped cam. The product sheets show meeting the same specs as the Zerex so I'm guessing its OK for a 2-3 year run. I only drive the truck about once a week or so, so it doesn't get that much miles on it. All maintenance is done by calendar vice mileage..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back