Chevron PurEscape Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
High in the Mountains of Central California
Last year there were a couple of threads here about PurEscape, and the conclusion (generally) was that the claims Chevron was making about this stuff were nebulous and "poetry that Amsoil would be proud of," if I recall correctly.

Any more thoughts about PurEscape?

I recently tried it for the first time, in my '76 Chevy C20 (which has a healthy 350 in it) and I was very impressed with the improvement in throttle response... very noticeable.

Beyond such improvements, Chevron makes no other claims for this additive - no cleaning, no "upper cylinder lubrication," no additional power or better mileage - just better throttle response.

Anybody know what this stuff is and how it really works? I tried finding an online MSDS, but no dice.

Thoughts, anyone?
confused.gif

I read alot of forums, and especially anything about additives, and I am hearing nothing at all about it.

The question would be, with the improved throttle response you are getting, is the high cost of the additive(nearly 6.00 a bottle last time I checked) worth it?
I have never tried it personally.

I have noticed better throttle response out of adds like MMO and Lucas. Those are about it. I continue to use those as I have decided the low cost per tank make the increased throttle response a good trade.

For those who are considering trying it, Chevron is once again offering a $5.00 rebate. However, unless they've changed it recently, the rebate you download is last year's, so good luck with that expiration date!
laugh.gif

I have used it in my 10.1 compression supercharged 1zz-fe with great results. It no longer pings like crazy in the 100+ weather where I live.

my titan 07 uses any of the three octane's & when i've used purescape my truck has improved performance---i like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back