Chevron Motor Oil "Synthetic"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all,

Since my new dealership "GM" uses Chevron motor oil as a standard (including the Corvette) I wonder if their synthetic brand is good and meets the required GM engine specs (6094M).

Durango

In short.... yes. I'm holding a bottle of 5w30 chevron supreme synthetic, and it meets both 6094M and 4718

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Isn't M1 standard for the Vette?
How appropriate... Substandard oil for a substandard GM product!
LOL.gif

... JUST KIDDING! ...

Originally Posted By: Durango
Hello to all,

Since my new dealership "GM" uses Chevron motor oil as a standard (including the Corvette) I wonder if their synthetic brand is good and meets the required GM engine specs (6094M).

Durango

As stated, CSS is one of the select few oils that GM has certified for both 6094M and 4718M (Corvette spec).

I would love to see a UOA of this oil, I have a sneaking suspicion it will do quite well.

Havoline syn fell out of the spotlight a couple years back. I bought a bunch at AA, all SL rated. I haven't counted it in a while, I'd say I have maybe 48 quarts.

Thanks guys/gals for your comments I just spoted the sign at the dealership this morning to get a small paint chip/door ding repaired under the warranty. I'm just guessing to further save money/overhead they use what every oil as long as it meets the GM standards. My brother Cadillac CTS dealership uses Castrol Syntec as the standard for that dealership. Why they don't use the GM silver can part over the counter wonders me too.

Regardless I haven't even made 1000K on my car so far so until the OLM tells me to change the oil I'll continue to drive on the factory fill which is from what I've heard Mobil 5000 oil.

Durango

I have it in now and am using my last jug of it for my Fall fill. I've used a lot of it and it's a great product, a Mobil 1 beater by many accounts, but I just get bored of an oil after a few runs.

The guys who use the exact same thing for 20 years, I don't know how you do it.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I have it in now and am using my last jug of it for my Fall fill. I've used a lot of it and it's a great product, a Mobil 1 beater by many accounts, but I just get bored of an oil after a few runs.

The guys who use the exact same thing for 20 years, I don't know how you do it.

I'm a creature of habit. 31 years on M1 oils.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Gals??? On BITOG? Tell me it ain't so! Gals? Can't be.
There would be girls on BITOG if the Mods would stop banning them for baking Pies right Pablo?
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back