Chevron Delo Le 15w40 in Yamaha F250HP

Hello to everyone!
Would like to know if Chevron Delo Le 15w40 is the best for my Yamaha F250!. per service manual jurnal oil clearance is 0.029-0.045mm and big end oil clearance conenting rod 0.025-0.050mm. Please let me know your opinion for the one and only oil for this engine. Thank you.

It looks like LE 15w40 is discontinued.

SDE is a synthetic blend.
XLE "synthetic technology" is a group 2 & 3 blend.
XSP is a "full synthetic" also in 5w40.

Havoline 15w40 Super Plus EC is a syn blend.

Download 2023 Chevron salesfax for all the propaganda.

Just talked to a tech in Canada and he did not recomend using 15w40 diesel oil in my outbord engine: "deposits will be everywhere". shoul I use Delo SDE 15w40? or not! Thank you

Hard to find yamalube. In the manual they recomend grade 1: 10w30, 10w40, 5w30 SAE: SE,SF,SJ,SH,SG,SL and grade 2: 15w40, 20w40, 20w50 SAE: SH,SJ,SL. Looking for the best alternative: diesel/sn or gasoline.

Last edited:
Yamalube is not required, when I said recommended I meant license and grade. . With the list you gave almost anything will work. There is no “best” so pick something on sale at Walmart or Canadian Tire and you’ll be good to go. If you want something “better” then buy a synthetic.

Oh and that tech doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Just talked to a tech in Canada and he did not recomend using 15w40 diesel oil in my outbord engine: "deposits will be everywhere". shoul I use Delo SDE 15w40? or not! Thank you
Petro-Can Geo 15w40 & 10w30 may be more suitable for your outboard. Both are CK-4/SN and appear to have the same additive
package as Chevron's outboard engine oil.

Piperone will have to look at the last 20 pages on the Chevron salesfax to find motorcycle and boat oil, then download the 2023
Petro-Canada lubricant guide for the next rainy day.

lubricants.petro-canada.com

Hard to find yamalube. In the manual they recomend grade 1: 10w30, 10w40, 5w30 SAE: SE,SF,SJ,SH,SG,SL and grade 2: 15w40, 20w40, 20w50 SAE: SH,SJ,SL. Looking for the best alternative: diesel/sn or gasoline.
Based on that list there’s almost no oil on the shelves at the auto parts store you couldn’t use.

My Yamalube is delivered to my front door from Amazon. I’ve also used West Marine and Quicksilver oil in my F200. Diesels don’t have to spin 5,500 RPMs non-stop like my outboard engine. Is there an anti-foam agent in diesel oil??

My Yamalube is delivered to my front door from Amazon. I’ve also used West Marine and Quicksilver oil in my F200. Diesels don’t have to spin 5,500 RPMs non-stop like my outboard engine. Is there an anti-foam agent in diesel oil??
Yes, but obviously not so much in Diesel fuel.

I run it because of the extended warranty I bought. The oils should never come into question if there was a claim.

Back