Chevron Delo EP grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any place I can buy just a tube of the stuff? I called all the major Chevron distributors and they can only sell it by the case - which I might do and sell some of it to offset the cost of a case. Is there an equivalent to it?

Are you sure they don't have it at AAP? I could have sworn I saw some there. Check online. That is a great grease, but I wouldn't buy a whole case unless you use a lot.

Originally Posted By: nthach
Is there any place I can buy just a tube of the stuff? I called all the major Chevron distributors and they can only sell it by the case - which I might do and sell some of it to offset the cost of a case. Is there an equivalent to it?

Chevron Delo EP #2 is the only grease I've used for the last 20 years. I think it's the best. If you can't find it, some of the Mystik stuff is really pretty good. That is usually readily available at Tractor Supply.

I got a tube of Valvoline Cerulean, which is similar to Delo, but with much easier availability. It was either drive down to Oakland or up to Davis, order a case through the local jobbers or find something else. AutoZone had the Cerulean.

I agree with Gillsy. Mystik JT-6 Hi-Temp EP#2 Lithium-Complex has very similiar specs. as Chevron Delo EP #2 L/C. Either one is an excellent chassis/wheel bearing/universal joint grease. I use both. If you're having difficulty finding a single tube of the Chevron, most Wal-Marts (at least in Texas) carry the Mystik. There is one caution with the Mystik...they offer more that one JT-6 product. The one you want for automotive/truck applications is the JT-6 Hi-Temp Lith-Complex #2.
If I remember correctly, the Cerulean that nthach mentioned above DOES have similiar good specs...and you will not go wrong with Valvoline GM spec. L/C #2. While the specs won't quite match the 3 previously mentioned products, it is certainly better than, 'good enough,' for the afore-mentioned auto apps., and it is very available.

We use Delo at work here in Va. and buy it ten tubes at a time from our Chevron supplier that delivers twice a week. Maybe you could ask the distributor in your area if they sell it to any local garages and i'm sure they would sell you a tube or two because we sure would help some body out in the same situation.

Why is Chevron Delo so good. I judge grease by two criteria. 1./ It lubes chassis well and 2./ it doesn't separate and drip between oil changes and chassis lubes.

nthach, where in Calif are you? I have seen the Delo EP grease down at a LA harbor truck shop that sells lubricants and chrome accessories to the OTR truckers. In fact, I just got off the phone with a Chevron tech and will probably be buying a case of the Delo EP #2 grease for the front and rear wheel bearings on my VW Bus. If your local, I would sell ya a tube.
Bill

I know that Paccar (Kenworth, Pete, Stars) have a deal with Chevron for their lubes and greases - you can usually pick them up at any of those dealerships.

Originally Posted By: VWguy
nthach, where in Calif are you? I have seen the Delo EP grease down at a LA harbor truck shop that sells lubricants and chrome accessories to the OTR truckers. In fact, I just got off the phone with a Chevron tech and will probably be buying a case of the Delo EP #2 grease for the front and rear wheel bearings on my VW Bus. If your local, I would sell ya a tube.
Bill

I live closer to SF. I'll be in Davis in a few weeks, if I see some at a truck stop on 80, I'll pick up a tube or 2.

Yesterday, I noticed Chevron Delo grease on the O'Reilly website. $4.69 a tube and 24 hrs. availability, so it looks like they stock it in their warehouses.

Originally Posted By: SargeBB
I agree with Gillsy. Mystik JT-6 Hi-Temp EP#2 Lithium-Complex has very similiar specs. as Chevron Delo EP #2 L/C. Either one is an excellent chassis/wheel bearing/universal joint grease. I use both. If you're having difficulty finding a single tube of the Chevron, most Wal-Marts (at least in Texas) carry the Mystik. There is one caution with the Mystik...they offer more that one JT-6 product. The one you want for automotive/truck applications is the JT-6 Hi-Temp Lith-Complex #2.
If I remember correctly, the Cerulean that nthach mentioned above DOES have similiar good specs...and you will not go wrong with Valvoline GM spec. L/C #2. While the specs won't quite match the 3 previously mentioned products, it is certainly better than, 'good enough,' for the afore-mentioned auto apps., and it is very available.

Have you looked at the Mystik with Moly? It seems to have very similar specs with moly added:
https://www.mystiklubes.com/do/product/665056002

Originally Posted By: SargeBB

What is the difference between the GM spec and the Ford spec valvoline?

This stuff seems to be hard to find. Found it at a localish Oil company by the case. comes out to less than $4 per tube.

Never thought about the PACCAR route. I've gotten some other fluids through them and they were reasonable. I'll have to check next time.

VWguy -

Do you still dabble in Chevron Delo 2 EP grease? I'm in the So Cal area and am having a difficult time locating some.

Thanks,

John
South Bay Automotive

John, AP Fischer Lubricants in Long Beach is a Chevron distributor and should be able to supply you with Delo EP grease. Their address is 1601 Caspian Ave. Long Beach and the phone is 562-436-7251. Harry

WOW, I have been procrastinating this but went down to AP Fischer in Long Beach to get an updated price quote and the counter guy stated they dont carry the Chevron products no more! I told him I had e-mailed Ray from their web site and he did not return my e-mail. Ray, I was told is the owner of the company. I believe he said the profit margin was reduced and they are now pushing their house brand plus a few others. I guess costomer service is not too important to Ray, so I went next door to Dion & Sons, who are Shell distributors and got a quote for the Pennzoil 707L grease in a case of 10/14oz tubes for about $46.00. Good price. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back