Cheapie power washer pump source?

I'm looking for a source for the cheap power washer pumps. The kind I'm looking for bolts to the back of a B&S/Honda/Chonda type of pump and hooks up to a garden hose. The specs say these pumps typically put out about 2,400-3,100 PSI, but that's probably exaggerated. Anybody got a source with a good selection?

i got a new pump for my presure washer off of amazon. even though it was rated at 2800 psi, with a red tip it was about 2000 psi according to my guage. i am going to play with the unloader and see if i can up it a little more. 2000 psi though is usually enough to do most projects i have found. i use to wash my car and clean my driveway and side walks, which it does just fine.

one thing i have found is to check the diameter of the shaft on the motor. mine was 7/8 when i thought it would be 3/4. also, if its a vertical motor the shaft might be long for the pump and might need to shim it. vertical usually will jsut bolt direct to the motor.

the pump i bought off of amazon is basically the same thing you find on the pw at home depot . i think it was $60

I got mine from eBay and it works as well as the old pump, so I can recommend. Some of the vendors have a diagram w/measurements of what you need for your washer and there are several configurations.

the thing to remember is the specs they list are mainly marketing.

for example 3100 psi 2.4gpm

it will do 3100psi with the tiny 0degree needle spray (not at 2.4gpm)

or 2.4gpm with the soap spray..( not at 3100psi)

not 3100psi @2.4gpm.

yet they will rate it in
"cleaning units" of psi *flow which is BS because you dont KNOW the psi and flow.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I was gone for a few days and didn't see posts.
My boss has a John Deere power washer with a Honda. It was being used one day when it made an awful noise and killed the motor. The pump was in about 5 pieces and was laying there on the ground. This is just a cheap power washer with a John Deere name slapped on it and buying anything through John Deere would just be throwing away money. I'll show my boss some replacement pump sources.

Last edited:
Back