Cheap rotor factory ‐‐ terrifying

Maybe $2M US for one of these plus installation, setup, maintenance, and a building for it? And a guy to program it, and you aren't going to fix it with a big hammer or make parts for it in the corner of the shop... It doesn't even look much faster really, with painfully slow transfers between steps.
I know which discs I'd like to use, but if I was getting paid indian wages, then maybe indian brakes are good enough....

At 4:13 and 6:36 they cut both sides together

At 8:00 they appear to balance with a super slick setup and expanding collet. Very cool!

Bad memories of working in a combo quonset hut rafter-pheasant eye factory. High school, rural SD, $1.25 hour, 1962. Lasted a couple of weeks IIRC. They didn't like it when I got blinded by a welder, walked in epoxy and got eyes all over my pants. At least we had shoes and a guy who had visited a chiropractor once and "had gotten down all of the moves" to pop your back out from rafter caused injuries.

• Wow
Reactions: D60
A lot of people who evidently don't understand what third world means. India, Pakistan, etc - these guys are making parts to keep trucks from the '40s, '50s, and '60s on the road. When you're dirt poor, you don't hop on Amazon and order a new set of brake drums for your 1957 Leyland, you cobble together whatever you can make work, and brakes that are out of round definitely beat no brakes at all.
i'll give you vehicles DESIGNED in the 50's, but cars like the Hindustan Ambassador, which started out as the Series III Morris Oxford, was manufactured mostly unchanged, from 1957-2014... some updates here and there, but largely the same.

Back