Cheap $10 SEI (Sumitomo) brake pads on eBay

Has anyone on here used them? :unsure:

I know they are an OE supplier, and Advics is a joint venture between Sumitomo and Aisin.

Search "SEI brake pads" on eBay, or for a specific part number, "SEI Dxxx" where Dxxx is the FMSI number

With something like brake pads I don't see any reason to go so cheap and risk so much. You can get an excellent set of brake pads by major brake pad manufacturers for $20-30 on rockauto. Heck even around 40 buys you a decent set of Autozone Gold pads with a warranty.

With something like brake pads I don't see any reason to go so cheap and risk so much. You can get an excellent set of brake pads by major brake pad manufacturers for $20-30 on rockauto. Heck even around 40 buys you a decent set of Autozone Gold pads with a warranty.
Agree. I prefer RockAuto and usually pick up Bosch or Raybestos Pro line. $25-$35 for the front pads and $18-$25 for rear set. Last long time, low dust, no noise. Work fantastic. Those are the only two pad sets I use. Both work great. I buy whichever is cheapest at the time.

I second Bosch Blue and Raybestos EHT are great pads on budget. How often do you change pads? Once every 3-5 years? Don't cheap out with $10 savings, you'd save only $2-3 per year per pads.
The EHT pads are my main go tos on all brake jobs I do. They are a great pad and no use in using their lower tier lines when the EHTs are available for under $40 on RA

Back