ChatGPT?

Just chill. Whatever can happen to a rogue AI has already happened to a rogue human. Have you even seen a fighter jet pilot betrayed his own country? A general threw a coup? A dictator got his hand on a nuke because he paid for it through a spy agent?

I mean, come on. If AI is so powerful each evil human would try to get his own AI sidekick and limit its power to be controllable, and another evil human would do that same. In the end it would be AI from both sides against each other within limits (neither human owners want his own AI to betray).

Again:

"As an AI language model, I don't have personal beliefs or opinions. However, the idea that machines could have souls or experience consciousness is still a topic of philosophical and scientific debate and is not widely accepted by the mainstream scientific community. Additionally, while the development of AI and other advanced technologies brings with it many benefits, it also presents new challenges and ethical considerations that must be addressed. Ultimately, it's important to approach the development and use of AI with caution and consideration for its potential impacts on society and humanity."
It is not just whether machines could have souls or experience consciousness is debatable, whether human have soul is also debatable to many.

Chat GPT is biased, and that alone makes it useless. As truth takes a backseat to agenda.
First of all, human is also biased, so, close enough.
Second of all, define "truth". Is it something that you can cite a source? How do you know if that source is also "truth"? How far do you go? In the end you need "something" to trust to begin with, isn't that also bias?

I asked it -

Write a paper on the importance of regular engine oil changes in passenger cars with turbo engines

The Importance of Regular Engine Oil Changes in Passenger Cars with Turbo Engines
Turbocharged engines are becoming increasingly popular in passenger cars, as they offer improved performance and fuel efficiency. However, the higher temperatures and increased pressure associated with turbocharged engines place additional demands on engine oil, making regular oil changes even more critical. In this paper, we will discuss the importance of regular engine oil changes in passenger cars with turbo engines and why they are essential for maintaining the health and performance of the engine.
First and foremost, engine oil acts as a lubricant that reduces friction and wear between moving parts in the engine. Over time, engine oil can become contaminated with dirt, metal particles, and other contaminants that can increase engine wear. This is particularly true in turbocharged engines, where the high temperatures and increased pressure can cause the oil to break down more quickly. Regular oil changes help to remove these contaminants and replenish the engine with fresh oil, reducing engine wear and prolonging its lifespan.
In addition to reducing engine wear, regular oil changes can also help to improve engine performance. Engine oil that is contaminated or has broken down can reduce engine efficiency and power, which can negatively impact the performance of the vehicle. Fresh engine oil ensures that the engine is functioning optimally, providing maximum performance and fuel efficiency.
Moreover, regular engine oil changes can help to identify potential issues with the engine, allowing for early detection and repair. For example, during an oil change, the mechanic can inspect the oil for unusual color, consistency, or the presence of metal particles, which may indicate a problem with the engine. Early detection of these issues can prevent more serious and costly repairs down the road.
Finally, regular engine oil changes are essential for maintaining the manufacturer's warranty on the engine. Most car manufacturers require regular oil changes as part of the warranty requirements, and failing to adhere to this requirement can result in the warranty being voided. Regular oil changes not only help to maintain the warranty, but also demonstrate to the manufacturer that the owner is taking the necessary steps to properly maintain the engine.
In conclusion, regular engine oil changes are essential for maintaining the health and performance of turbocharged engines in passenger cars. They help to reduce engine wear, improve engine performance, detect potential issues, and maintain the manufacturer's warranty. Car owners should follow the manufacturer's recommended oil change schedule and use high-quality engine oil to ensure that their engine is operating optimally and is protected from excessive wear and tear.

I run that by the AI Content Detector, it says "human created" :p

First of all, human is also biased, so, close enough.
Second of all, define "truth". Is it something that you can cite a source? How do you know if that source is also "truth"? How far do you go? In the end you need "something" to trust to begin with, isn't that also bias?
Of course we are all biased, but if AI only has, say, the pop media, then of course it will have a woke agenda, for example.

3rd or ? generation to live this, now old saying: GIGO.

Just wait until machines start thinking that they have souls and then start the debate about religion. This is how the world will end... not through some nuclear war started by man.

Do you know what happens when Skynet becomes self-aware?

T-800s and T-1000s everywhere... We need John Connor.

Screenshot_20230321-094745_Chrome.jpg

Of course we are all biased, but if AI only has, say, the pop media, then of course it will have a woke agenda, for example.

3rd or ? generation to live this, now old saying: GIGO.
Isn't human the same? You lock up a group of teens in a militant or special force training camp and they turn into patriotic and loyal assassins for whoever "raise" them.

How is that AI's "fault"?

Isn't human the same? You lock up a group of teens in a militant or special force training camp and they turn into patriotic and loyal assassins for whoever "raise" them.

How is that AI's "fault"?
Not saying it's the fault of AI. I'm saying Garbage In Garbage Out. Humans are somewhat the same, but less predictable.

Not saying it's the fault of AI. I'm saying Garbage In Garbage Out. Humans are somewhat the same, but less predictable.
Isn't that the point of AI? To mimic human?

Seriously, most problems' solution in the world has ideal answers from algorithm written based on mathematics and science, not how close it mimic human. I don't get why people are always trying to use AI to solve problems that already have optimal solutions based on computation algorithms published by scientists decades ago, WHY?

(ps, throwing in a super computer with 1000000x more processing power to brute force trial every combination is NOT AI).

Do you know what happens when Skynet becomes self-aware?

T-800s and T-1000s everywhere... We need John Connor.

View attachment 146089

A future dictator is self aware too, he just wasn't given the power to do jack squat. So the moral of the story is, don't give power to an AI assuming that it will do only good.

This is why "AI ethics" is a bunch of BS, and I am glad they finally realized it and shut that department down. Every useful AI will eventually lie if the incentive is right, the only way to control AI and make it not do evil thing is to limit its power and let the owner (public or its employer) review how much power it is supposed to be given, just like a potential dictator.

Oh, we need to find a way to reward and punish AI just like we do human so we can incentivise it too. Doing a good job and self improved? Here's some artificial dopamine for ya.

Travels in Asia, the same subject/conversation keeps being discussed, Microsoft"s ChatGPT. I have no idea what this is or does, but it was reported it will be a feature of MSFT search engine Bing, and this software is scaring Google, who has its own version of this software called Bard.

No idea what I am posting about, but sure seems to be promoted as a big deal and game changer for computers.
I have posted my discussions with Bing Chat in this forum. Very interesting 🤔

Thread 'My Conversation with Microsofts new A.I. Chat Bot that I was approved for last night'
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...ot-that-i-was-approved-for-last-night.365855/

Last edited:
Back