ChatGPT?

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Travels in Asia, the same subject/conversation keeps being discussed, Microsoft"s ChatGPT. I have no idea what this is or does, but it was reported it will be a feature of MSFT search engine Bing, and this software is scaring Google, who has its own version of this software called Bard.

No idea what I am posting about, but sure seems to be promoted as a big deal and game changer for computers.

Near as I can, it's AI for chat. You can ask it stuff and it comes back with intelligent responses. I'm going to try it out now.

It said it's at capacity now.

Just wait until machines start thinking that they have souls and then start the debate about religion. This is how the world will end... not through some nuclear war started by man.

E12CBBE7-588C-4566-8A00-D175576C6F93.jpeg

I've been using it for a little while to help with customer responses. It is way better than I am at smoothing things over.

I think some posts on a few other forums were done with it. The people that "wrote" responses weren't even close to their normal responses.

Travels in Asia, the same subject/conversation keeps being discussed, Microsoft"s ChatGPT. I have no idea what this is or does, but it was reported it will be a feature of MSFT search engine Bing, and this software is scaring Google, who has its own version of this software called Bard.

No idea what I am posting about, but sure seems to be promoted as a big deal and game changer for computers.

Here is ChatGPT's response to your post:

"ChatGPT is a language model developed by OpenAI, which uses deep learning techniques to generate text based on the input it receives. It can answer questions, summarize information, and even create fiction stories. Microsoft has integrated this technology into its search engine Bing, to provide better and more natural language answers to user queries. Google, on the other hand, has developed its own language model called BERT (Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers). Both these models have the potential to revolutionize the way computers process and understand human language."

• Wow
Reactions: GON
Just wait until machines start thinking that they have souls and then start the debate about religion. This is how the world will end... not through some nuclear war started by man.

Again:

"As an AI language model, I don't have personal beliefs or opinions. However, the idea that machines could have souls or experience consciousness is still a topic of philosophical and scientific debate and is not widely accepted by the mainstream scientific community. Additionally, while the development of AI and other advanced technologies brings with it many benefits, it also presents new challenges and ethical considerations that must be addressed. Ultimately, it's important to approach the development and use of AI with caution and consideration for its potential impacts on society and humanity."

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
I've been interacting with this thing since shortly after it became public. It is astounding; both creepy and amazing in its current capabilities and its inevitable implications for the future.
Me too. I asked it how to pilot an airliner and it gave a wordy and mostly correct answer. It had the pilot moving the throttles with his left hand, and a few other errors. But for the most part, the details were there. I corrected it and asked it to pretend to have a humanoid robot body and if it could then pilot the plane. It would not answer. I also asked it to perform some technical calculations. Which it did easily.

My take: AI is going to replace office workers in short order. It can do the job, with accuracy and without compassion. We all thought McDonalds workers were going to be replaced by robots. What is actually going to happen is that white collar workers are going to lose their jobs.

There is a company my boss is involved with. It has operated real AI's for years now. In fact the AI found the location of a very wanted evil person. For those who think these things are not fully developed, keep in mind that the public is only getting a neutered and out of date, unconnected version.

Yep. Put in the parameters of any situation, and see what courses of action it comes up with. I have been surprised by the answers as they are mostly correct. Political situations are neat to put in.

There is a company my boss is involved with. It has operated real AI's for years now. In fact the AI found the location of a very wanted evil person. For those who think these things are not fully developed, keep in mind that the public is only getting a neutered and out of date, unconnected version.
We've been using it in the "chat" customer service apps for a very long time. There is no "Debbie" or "Aaron" joining the chat t help you.

Near as I can, it's AI for chat. You can ask it stuff and it comes back with intelligent responses. I'm going to try it out now.

It said it's at capacity now.
For $20 a month you get priority access!

I can imagine this is a moonshot program by DARPA and their military grade version maybe is even better than what Open AI has created. Running governments and strategizing military objectives in one giant, um, Skynet, would be game changing.

After all, those working in Bletchley Park on the Enigma machine were still ahead of the ENIAC and computer tech / programming into the 50's. They just couldn't say anything or help out as they would be revealing military secrets IIRC.

I love the tech and am scared of it at the same time. It's kind of like the second industrial revolution, lots of jobs could be at stake in the coming years. The main problem I currently have is that it is being used to write new content for blogs and websites. At what point will it be rewriting the very content it has been spewing out, some of which is wrong?

It is a requirement by Open AI that it's content has to be designated as AI generated. Google has ways of determining what content was written by AI and is demoting these sites in Google search results. But now there is a cat and mouse game of running AI content through AI scrubbers to make the content seem more original, bypassing Googles bots. They will catch up.

Me too. I asked it how to pilot an airliner and it gave a wordy and mostly correct answer. It had the pilot moving the throttles with his left hand, and a few other errors. But for the most part, the details were there. I corrected it and asked it to pretend to have a humanoid robot body and if it could then pilot the plane. It would not answer. I also asked it to perform some technical calculations. Which it did easily.

My take: AI is going to replace office workers in short order. It can do the job, with accuracy and without compassion. We all thought McDonalds workers were going to be replaced by robots. What is actually going to happen is that white collar workers are going to lose their jobs.
Most people back to manual labor? That has real positives - having to actually sweat for your food. Not as many slackers in that environment. Having to work for food due to overlords - yeah, that's a real negative.

I asked it -

Write a paper on the importance of regular engine oil changes in passenger cars with turbo engines

The Importance of Regular Engine Oil Changes in Passenger Cars with Turbo Engines
Turbocharged engines are becoming increasingly popular in passenger cars, as they offer improved performance and fuel efficiency. However, the higher temperatures and increased pressure associated with turbocharged engines place additional demands on engine oil, making regular oil changes even more critical. In this paper, we will discuss the importance of regular engine oil changes in passenger cars with turbo engines and why they are essential for maintaining the health and performance of the engine.
First and foremost, engine oil acts as a lubricant that reduces friction and wear between moving parts in the engine. Over time, engine oil can become contaminated with dirt, metal particles, and other contaminants that can increase engine wear. This is particularly true in turbocharged engines, where the high temperatures and increased pressure can cause the oil to break down more quickly. Regular oil changes help to remove these contaminants and replenish the engine with fresh oil, reducing engine wear and prolonging its lifespan.
In addition to reducing engine wear, regular oil changes can also help to improve engine performance. Engine oil that is contaminated or has broken down can reduce engine efficiency and power, which can negatively impact the performance of the vehicle. Fresh engine oil ensures that the engine is functioning optimally, providing maximum performance and fuel efficiency.
Moreover, regular engine oil changes can help to identify potential issues with the engine, allowing for early detection and repair. For example, during an oil change, the mechanic can inspect the oil for unusual color, consistency, or the presence of metal particles, which may indicate a problem with the engine. Early detection of these issues can prevent more serious and costly repairs down the road.
Finally, regular engine oil changes are essential for maintaining the manufacturer's warranty on the engine. Most car manufacturers require regular oil changes as part of the warranty requirements, and failing to adhere to this requirement can result in the warranty being voided. Regular oil changes not only help to maintain the warranty, but also demonstrate to the manufacturer that the owner is taking the necessary steps to properly maintain the engine.
In conclusion, regular engine oil changes are essential for maintaining the health and performance of turbocharged engines in passenger cars. They help to reduce engine wear, improve engine performance, detect potential issues, and maintain the manufacturer's warranty. Car owners should follow the manufacturer's recommended oil change schedule and use high-quality engine oil to ensure that their engine is operating optimally and is protected from excessive wear and tear.

60 Minutes ran a piece on this a week ago last Sunday. It's kinda funny because it may force universities to have students write essays in class. The company who wrote ChatGPT aslo wrote a program to detect when ChatGPT was used.

it may force universities to have students write essays in class.
How about oral boards like in medical school or in Europe? Stand up in front of 5 professors behind a desk and get grilled. Can't BS or multiple choice your way out of that.

I guess writing essays in class will be the way to go for your average degree-mill you're only a number kind of mega colleges though.

It is revealed back in November of '22; it seems, all big guys will be developing of their own soon

The way I see, it is Alexa, in written form

I may see it earlier but it capture my attention on the radio this morning, once they said it helps RE people by crafting the description of properties they are selling/buying

more about here

Back