Charcoal Cabin Air Filter For 02 Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if someone makes one? PN? Bosch supposed to make those but they don't have a catalog online.
mad.gif

I share the road with a lot of diesel trucks and drive by a landfill daily. I wonder if this would help.

Toyota Part # 87139-YZZ03 should fit the '02 Camry, and is a charcoal cabin air filter. ~$25 from a Toyota dealer.

quote:

Originally posted by kreativ:
Toyota Part # 87139-YZZ03 should fit the '02 Camry, and is a charcoal cabin air filter. ~$25 from a Toyota dealer.

Sweet. Is this filter proscribed for Camry by Toyota?

Do all vehicles have a cabin air filter? I know Saturn always advertises that they have one. It only makes sense that all/most manufacturers would have one. How easy/hard are they to replace?

2Fast= They aren't particularly difficult, but often involves removing the glove box. Your X5 should have one.

JonnyZ=The Wix 24883, whic is a direct replacement for it, only costs $13.57 at filter1.com.
smile.gif

Michael

quote:

Jonny Z:

Does anyone know if someone makes one? PN? Bosch supposed to make those but they don't have a catalog online. ...

Bosch does make one. However, like you I haven't been able to find the part number to get one. Here are some others:

Purolator C35479
Deutsch CAF1766
Toyota R2060-110618
Wix 24883

I did find that the filter thickness is compatible with the 3M Filtrete high efficiency home air filters. I bought one of those and was able to cut a number of filters out a home filter, which is cheaper than buying the replacements.

It seems to work just fine.

quote:

JonnyZ=The Wix 24883, whic is a direct replacement for it, only costs $13.57 at filter1.com.

The Wix is no charcoal. It is plain.

I just put in a Wix this Wed. I paid 21.99 @ O'Reiley's. Took it out of the box and it read "MADE IN TAIWAN"
blush.gif

It does look well made, and a little thicker than the Puro I took out.

The factory one was Denso and Japanese, the 2nd one was Puro, and I think it was made in USA.

I am still impressed at how dirty it gets in 15K. The engine a/f runs for 30K and does not look nearly as loaded.

quote:

Anybody make a charcoal filtered seat cushion? It would eliminate odors at the source.

Not a bad idea. Let's experiment, you get the charcoal and I go to Taco Bell!

Big Al, not a seat cushin, but you could plug one in and have it in place wherever you are. About 1.25 inches in diameter.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back