changing atf on a 95 Toy. Camry.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prior poster mentioned 3 "tail light" and I took that to mean lights that come on when you turn the headlights on vs stop or turn signal lights. My 1994 Camry has two of what I call tail lights.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Quote:
=lexus114 Did you check the third tail light bulb?
Not yet. Thanks

Its easy to change, you access it from the inside the car by pulling the cover off. Make sure its the right bulb, the high mount brake light uses the 921 bulb. Some people put in a 194 or 168 which is the wrong bulb and its dim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: daves66nova
the fluid does look brownish, so i'm thinking of doing a few drain and refills.So there is a diff to drain on this car?

The differential is in the center where the front axle joins in, its right behind the transmission. You can see the drain plug is facing the ground, you need a hex tool (don't remember the size, it might be 10mm). Loosen the fill plug (faces the firewall) before loosening the drain plug. It takes 1.5 quart and uses ATF. Fill it when its ground level, I just pump the fluid into the fill hole until it spills out of the hole.

Originally Posted By: Donald
The drain plug on your Camry takes a large metric allen wrench to undo it.

When I changed the fluid and filter, the bolt was one really tight and could not remove it. I ended up removing the pan bolts to drain the fluid, made a mess on the floor. If you have to take that route then you should get a large drain pan so ATF does not get all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back