Change oil after using Injector Cleaner??

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

My VW 1.8T gets carbon build up and sets of various codes so I have been putting in Techron FI cleaner about every 10k. I have read/heard that many people only put this (or any other cleaner) in right before an oil change. Does the use of a product like this contaminate the oil? Thanks for your help!

It really isn't anything to worry about. If I'm going to add a cleaner near time for an oil change, I do it before because even under the best of conditions some will wash past the rings into the pan. Any oil that is in even reasonable condition can easily handle the contamination. That doesn't mean that it won't throw off the oil analysis though.

Yeah, what Big Jim said. It was noted on my UOA as nothing to worry about because I told them about the additive when I sent it in.

I'd change the oil immediatly after the cleaner as any carbon or otherwise washed into the oil by the cleaner can't be good for the lubricated parts. Wait 'till the oil is allmost ready for a change then run the cleaner is my suggestion. And what Big Jim said. Rickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back