Chance to Buy 7 gals of Delvac 1300S 15W-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently bought a 01 F250 PSD-*5Months ago}.
I am currently running Delo 400 15W-40.

My next door neighbor has 06 F250 PSD.
He recently added a single by-pass filter, and swithched from Delvac 1300s to Schaeffers Synthetic 5W-40.

He has 7 gals of M1 Delvac 1300S 15W-40 he wants to sell me for $6.00 a gal.

I know it's a good price, but my question is--->
Is the Delvac 1300S as robust as the Delo 400?

Ive read and heard so much about how good Delo 400 15W-40 is, but i've never really heard that much about the Delvac 1300S 15W-40.

Any opinions would be Swell!!! Thanks.

[ September 01, 2006, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: -SyN- ]

the delvac 1300 super is a fine mixed fleet hdeo. i would say it at the least is the equal to the chevron delo and the shell rotella t. a good price from your bud. hey, drink a beer or two w/ him, and maybe he'll come down a bit more! i have several buds that are running this in their power strokes as well as their motorcycles. very nice oil. penzdude

I have run both, Delo and Delvac 1300 in my 95 7.3 PSD. I could not tell any difference. Both work great.
grin.gif

Buy the Delvac, make sure the api rating is current. The Delvac has an awesome pour point for dino. Like -36 I believe. That is exceptional. Good deal.

Sorry, I must have been reading something else. The pour point is -30. Fantastic oil still.

For the price I would buy it. I'm a big fan of the Delo, mostly since it's a good performer and I can always get it around 6.00 a gallon. The Delvac will work fine, besides it's a deal and you can't pass that up
grin.gif

Thanks for all your opinions.
Even though my PSD has 258K miles, and it's still showing good compression in all 8 cyl-&-the turbo is still creating good boast. I figure if i can get 3 to 5 more yrs out of the 7.3, i can well afford a new 7.3L. Then I will install a by-pass system, and switch to a good 5W-40 synthetic.

Now the game plan is to fit this thing in my garage. Where did my hammer go?
gr_eek2.gif

Thanks again Gents.

quote:

I figure if i can get 3 to 5 more yrs out of the 7.3, i can well afford a new 7.3L

Well......FoMoCo no longer makes the 7.3 due to the fact that they couldn't get it to meet emission requirements. They replaced the 7.3 in the '03 year model with the 6.0L and it's been a problem child to say the least. The latest PSD will be the 6.4L, which will be available in early '07. It's a bored out 6.0L w/o all the dang electronics. FoMoCo had better get this one right, or else.

If you don't consider an injector part of an engine, then I would agree that the Duramax has been a DECENT engine.

Once this 7.3L gets to the point to where it just doesn't want to play anymore, if I can't find a new 7.3L resting in a crate. I will do the next best thing.

What Patrick said!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by md_lucky_13:
If you don't consider an injector part of an engine, then I would agree that the Duramax has been a DECENT engine.

That hasn't been an issue since the LB7, 1st generation Duramax, which hasn't been produced since December 2003.

The Duramax seems like it's a decent engine now that the injector problems are taken care of, but I don't like being locked into Chevy for parts. I can go to any HD truck repair/dealer and get Navistar and Cummins parts. There are also plenty of aftermarket parts for Cummins, Navistar, CAT, etc.

I like the 7.3 and I like the 6BT’s. I would like to have a 5.9 in a Ford truck with an Eaton 9spd. But that’s not likely to happen and I already have enough projects that I’m not working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back