Champion 100434 Snow Blower Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my pleasant surprise the Champion Snow Blower calls for 0w30 and says to choose the type of oil based on the conditions it is used in.

The blower will be used to clear a long gravel driveway so it will be ran for an hour or more at a time, maybe longer. This is in Tahoe.

On hand I have GC 0w30, M1 0w30, and RT6 0w40. Which would you use?

Screenshot_20180914-185115.jpg

Screenshot_20180914-185241.jpg

Originally Posted by SavagePatch
To my pleasant surprise the Champion Snow Blower calls for 0w30 and says to choose the type of oil based on the conditions it is used in.

The blower will be used to clear a long gravel driveway so it will be ran for an hour or more at a time, maybe longer. This is in Tahoe.

On hand I have GC 0w30, M1 0w30, and RT6 0w40. Which would you use?

On hand I have GC 0w30, M1 0w30

I clear a gravel driveway and have for years. Not everyone can have asphalt or concrete. In fact, in the country, good luck finding anything but. You just raise the skids up higher and skim over as best as possible. It works great.

I run Mobil 1 0W30 or PU 5W30 in my snowblower with a shot of ZDDP additive. No problems to report. Of the three you have on hand, any one should work fine.

GC 0w30 would be my pick, and Rotella 0w40 second. I tried Mobil 1 in power equipment and they consumed it for some reason. You might have different results.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back