Challenger R/T Rental

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
When I showed up at the airport, there were a ton of Nissans and Toyotas in the Emerald aisle...however there was this single white Challenger that was in the sea of boring cars just calling my name. Hopped in and it only had 1,100 miles on it, base R/T but still nicely equipped with the 5.7 Hemi and 20" rims.

First time I've driven a 5.7 as I had kind of written it off and always thought you had to go with the 6.4 or above, but I have to say this is still a very quick car to drive and it keeps the butt dyno happy. The exhaust note is every bit as sweet as the bigger engine too. The thing I love about these cars is just how comfortable they are, the seats and ride are luxury car like, and the driving dynamics are great...this is a highway cruiser that just eats the miles up. Love the cloth seats, I'll take those over leather any day.

Disappointed to see the 7" Uconnect in a car of this level. It works fine but looks out of place and the additional real estate the 8.4" gives really makes using it a joy. Another big negative is rear visibility, backing out of a parking space is a nightmare.

WPhuGtu.jpg

LlTFNYA.jpg

w1dVMev.jpg

I have a friend who is now in her 50's, loaded, lives in a very conservative wealthy town in CT, and she drives a Challenger Hellcat...partly because she can and partly because "To hell with everyone else". She loves her ride.

I have a friend who is now in her 50's, loaded, lives in a very conservative wealthy town in CT, and she drives a Challenger Hellcat...partly because she can and partly because "To hell with everyone else". She loves her ride.
A guy in the next housing tract has a Hell cast Challenger and I have gone for a few rides. ,,,,, Yes ,,they are really fast !

You are lucky, a couple of years ago the Emerald Aisle was filled with those, now if you find one, it's always a V6.. It isn't a bad motor, it just doesn't have the sound!

Nice.
we were planning on renting one the end of next month in Alabama.
Canceling that trip due to current situation in the skies and COVID.

Man, did you get lucky. Best thing I could find last time I rented a car was a 2.4 Stratus. Nice!! Never dreamt a rental car outfit would have a V8 Challenger.

Man, did you get lucky. Best thing I could find last time I rented a car was a 2.4 Stratus. Nice!! Never dreamt a rental car outfit would have a V8 Challenger.
A few years ago when I was 21 I somehow convinced Enterprise to give me a 2015 Charger R/T while my Durango was in the body shop after I hit a deer. Dude said “I’m not supposed to do this since you’re under 25…. But you have a nice Durango and clearly love Mopars (I was wearing a Mopar hoodie), and I’m not going to punish you with a minivan or Nissan Altima. Enjoy!” as he tossed me the keys. Man that car was pretty fun!, and those heated cloth seats are the best seats ever!

The next time when my wife sideswiped a pole in our 300 they punished me with an Altima…. “We can’t give you a full size sedan, you’re not 25.”

I had a 70 Challenger after I graduated high School in 1971 340 and 4 speed woo hoo . I have a place in my heart for Challengers and I really like white cars. Thanks for the Review and the pics.
That year was the shiznit! Anybody that wanted to race had better be on their toes. Many 383's,396's etc fell to a well tuned 340.

I had a 70 Challenger after I graduated high School in 1971 340 and 4 speed woo hoo . I have a place in my heart for Challengers and I really like white cars. Thanks for the Review and the pics.

I had a '70 Duster 340 W/ 4-speed as my first car. I had to rebuild the engine and trans first, as an apprentice mechanic, but got it done by my 16th birthday. A car I wish I hadn't been so stupid and short-sighted to sell.

OP, sell the Jeep and buy one of these.

I had a '70 Duster 340 W/ 4-speed as my first car. I had to rebuild the engine and trans first, as an apprentice mechanic, but got it done by my 16th birthday. A car I wish I hadn't been so stupid and short-sighted to sell.

OP, sell the Jeep and buy one of these.
todd ianuzzi? is that you? it’s been so long!

this platform is so old it’s gonna be an adult next year, they still drive nice though. none of the european midsizes have noticeably improved in ride/handling over the past two decades.

Last edited:
I'd like to feel the 5.7L, I too have heard it's disappointing but glad to hear it performs well enough.

That interior looks almost 20 years old though...

50’s ? Lady who owns all the storage places here has to be 65 - drives a Shelby Super Snake Lol

Back