Centric Pads & Rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received from Rock Auto, Centric Premium Rotors and Posi-Quiet Ceramic Pads F&R for my daughters 06 Mazda 3.

Her current setup which is part original(rear)and used car dealer installed front pads. All rotors are OE still but the fronts were lathed once prior to her taking ownership. Although the pad thickness is still OK, the brakes have been noisy since she aquired the car in 9/09 @ 50K.

When their wet and sitting overnight they "screatch" and always have a metal-to-metal contact sound(louder when first starting out during the day and get only a bit quieter while braking for normal stops. But there is always some noise...Loudest I've heard in years on any car.

The front rotors are now again starting to pulse while braking although the brake power is fine and peddel height and pressure has always been good also.

I'm going to install the CENTRIC PADS & ROTORS when the weather changes but we're not in a huge hurry cause as I said, there is still lot's of beef in her pads.

I did lots of research on these and all rotors/pads and chose Centric for her application. The price was actually cheaper than buying Wagner ThermoQuiet w/rebate and cheap rotors from AAP and using their BIG 30/40 or 50 code#'s found here in the Rabate section. Love RA!

Had to order other parts for other vehicles in our household so, RA was the best sourse for these too!

I look forward to hearing comments on both, Mazda 3 brakes and the Centric as a product which I have used on other app's but, not a whole car setup.

I can tell you from the hundreds of brake jobs I have done in my career I have never been dissapointed by the Posi-Quiet Ceramic pads. My opinion is they are the best deal in their price range. Always quiet and very low dust.

Originally Posted By: law3500
I can tell you from the hundreds of brake jobs I have done in my career I have never been dissapointed by the Posi-Quiet Ceramic pads. My opinion is they are the best deal in their price range. Always quiet and very low dust.

Good to hear law3500.
I didn't mention in my post, that I'll be converting over from semi-metalics to ceramic pads.
Only once in my life when converting from semi-mets to ceramic, did I not like the ceramic pads. For some reason(maybe a fluke), the normal everyday braking deminished greatly and almost couldn't stop the vehicle. I had to return the pad for after a month of THAT!
But, I've had great succuss in other applications where the Semi-Met's were noisy, dusty or both but with good braking and the Ceramics were just as good in the braking dept and low dusting/quiet too.
So, needless to say, I don't want to hurt the normal everyday stop & go or highway braking while keeping the same peddal feel. My daughter isn't complaining about her braking, only the noise!

Thanks Dan,
I have used larger needle nose pliers to turn the piston back in, putting the needles in the holes and turning with some force although, my hand hurt after I was done
smile.gif

I'll check Harbor Freight and see if they carry these but, I beleive our local parts stores have free loner tools even if I didn't buy the brakes from them. A deposit on the tools equals the cost of the tool in which then, the deposit returned to you when the tool is returned to the store. I would buy my own set if any of our other vehicles use them but they don't. All of the other vehicles have push in postons.

I'm confident that these are the right choice in brakes and any additional comments on Centric brake pads/rotors from other members will be welcome too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back