Are centric brake pads any good?

I'm getting my car back soon that has been sitting for over 2 years. The brakes are rusted to hell and I'm looking into replacing them.

In 2017 I put centric premium rotors and bosch quietcast pads on the front. I'm wondering how the centric posi-quiet pads compare.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-17-14-02-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-17-14-02-26.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 133
I split all the cars that roll into my garage between the Centric Preferred Pack and the Raybestos EHT pad/rotor kit. The coated rotors are a must. Haven't had any complaints about either kit.

I have Centric rotors on my truck right now but with Powerstop pads. No issues and g2g.

I use the 300. series in pretty much everything. They are not the cleanest, but I went looking for a particular 'feel' and they provided it.

Used to use them for "economy" brake jobs, but the last two sets (copper-free ones) have resulted in nasty pulsation after a short amount of time.

I split all the cars that roll into my garage between the Centric Preferred Pack and the Raybestos EHT pad/rotor kit. The coated rotors are a must. Haven't had any complaints about either kit.
That is exactly what I do! I prefer Raybestos but the Centrics have been fine as long as you don't buy the econo line versions. I used their 4 wheel kit for a Porsche and the rotor and pads were very good quality.

I have used nearly all the rock auto brands(raybestos, centric, Durago, bosch)for brake components and I have no complaints. I had a temporary light squeal for a while once with raybestos pads on my corolla but I chocked that up to poor break in procedure(I was in a hurry) and it was gone in a couple of months of daily driving.

My 11 Tundra needed front rotors at 45k (warped/pad material, who knows).
Installed centric pads and rotors. Not sure about exact models but i paid +/- $350 for the front kit.
They were scored badly at 60k. Vendor agreed to send a new set and they are scored badly at 95k.
I'm no race driver and tow 2X a year less than 6 miles (boat/pwcs from house to marina and back)
Will be watching this thread as the next set will not be a Centric product.

Bad pics but the 1st is my front rotor on it's 3rd set of pads/rotors 1 OEM and 2 sets of Centric pads/rotors
Current front have 35k. Rears are OEM.
f rotor.jpg
r rotor.jpg

I’m a little late to this conversation but I’ve been highly satisfied with Centric pads, rotors too. If I have to order in brake parts for a job they’re almost exclusively what I use. Sometimes Raybestos depending on price. They’re both good, seem consistent with OE performance in many applications.

The Centric Posi Quiets have plenty of good reviews. They're a step up from Centric's lower line which have more mixed reviews.

Seen good forum reviews for them including on Corvette and BMW etc sites where people are probably more, enthusiast, about their cars than average. And, sure, some people don't like them. I've driven thousands of miles on some and no complaints.

I haven't used Posi Quiets on a performance car. But it slows 3600-pound cars down similar to stock, and they are quiet, and the price is right. Would buy again.

Raybestos EHT are a good daily driver pad, been using them on my own DD for a while now. Centric pads have been good as well, I have their StopTech branded performance pads on my fun car.

Back