cell phone batteries

I use these in my cell phone. :ROFLMAO:
1668048390438.jpg

got a cheep but good enough for ME $99 TCL A-30 with easily replaced battery, a rare thing these days!

Theoretically, keeping a battery in the middle range is best for ultimate longevity and how long one can keep it running at higher maximum capacity. I've heard with lithium-ion batteries, it might be possible to nearly double the usable capacity, as long as the user can live with something like 25-50 cycles before it's considered "depleted" (typically less than 80% of rated capacity).

You can see how this works with cell phone batteries vs tablet batteries. There's nothing specifically more advanced (both 3.7V using the same electronics and chemical technology) about one over the other other than size. An iPhone battery is rated for 500 cycles before expected depletion. But an iPad is rated for 1000. It's not that hard to figure out. The iPad has a larger battery and they put in more of a "guard range". There's probably a point where it doesn't ultimately improve battery longevity given that part of the capacity has to be used if the battery is to be of any utility.

However, worrying too much about it might not be the best plan either. There are some systems that are programmable to keep the battery within a certain charge range automatically. That would be like setting an EV to limit the maximum charge to something like 80% or 70%. Doing it manually just isn't worth the effort for most users.

Don't worry about it too much. Most modern phones automatically manage charging rate and max charge percentage if you just plug it in when you go to bed.

At the end of the day, the battery will last how long it lasts and then you'll have to decide if it's time to replace the phone or have the battery replaced.
This^.

As mentioned above, these batteries have a finite life. Use the phone as you'd like. I have tons of phones, and I mean tons, we have 25 of them for one of our aircraft, and a lesser numbers of phones for other aircraft not to mention a number of personal phones. Guess what? The batteries all degrade similarly. I'm in a good position to say that it does not matter much what you do.

Back