Ceiling fan

IMG_20220730_174520046.jpg

I know that with those lights you can’t get too low but it needs to come down more.

In my experience ceiling fans are not a direct way to cool.

Big Ass Fans (real company) makes some pretty powerful ones, but they’re expensive. A 52” with light is $1800… though it will move 5,084cfm with their low profile mount, or 6,207cfm if you mount it a little lower.
We had a couple of these at the cabinet shop I worked at. Relatively slow RPM but they move a lot of air.

We have a 60" Hampton Bay at 10' in our 20 x 25 great room. It hangs 3' below the ceiling and moves a ton of air. We always leave it blowing down, it is rarely used in winter.

I have yet to see an affordable 4500+ CFM 52 incher fan. Usually the box stores are toping out around the <4500 mark.

I know that with those lights you can’t get too low but it needs to come down more.

In my experience ceiling fans are not a direct way to cool.
That's correct. In fact, fans only cool one thing, skin. (things that are moist) To leave one on without a person in the room is a waste of electricity, unless the air needs to keep moving for some other reason.

This fan will move air. You need a good sized motor, steeper blade angle and long blades. I have this one in a rubbed oil bronze.

Cheap fans just don't move much air. Ditch the light kit, use a torch lamp in a corner. The fan needs to be down from the ceiling.

My bad it's on a 6-in drop rod..
Yes. Try that. I have four in my home and once you get them right you won’t regret it. You’re on the right track. Just be patient and get good advice as to drop rod length, pitch ,etc. They make a world of difference..good luck!

Update, I took the advice of Rand and purchased this one( Harbor Breeze Hydra 70 Inch Brushed Nickel Indoor Ceiling Fan with Light and Remote Control (8-Blade) https://a.co/d/05esKh0 )
I also purchase a 12-in down rod, I was going to purchase the Fanimation Studio series 31 speed 7 blades, it had a higher CFM but this one had higher reviews..

Thank you everybody..

Back