Ceiling fan

I just had a ceiling fan installed, Hunter Elite deluxe, moving about 3500 CSM, and it definitely is not moving enough air for the room I installed it in. I'm looking, for some recommendations, on a ceiling fan, that moves plenty of air, how many CFM do I need? The room is about 17x22. I would like LED lights, I can add a remote if need be..
Thank you..

Big Ass Fans (real company) makes some pretty powerful ones, but they’re expensive. A 52” with light is $1800… though it will move 5,084cfm with their low profile mount, or 6,207cfm if you mount it a little lower.

what height is the ceiling and what drop did you use (how many inches from ceiling)
how many blades? length of blades.
Flush mount will definitely affect circulation.

Also much of the air will sort of blow out to the sides and not directly down.. if you are expecting to feel a giant draft like a box fan blowing on you.
blade pitch and design affect this.

A 52 inch will cover a room up to 10x20. Want more, you looking at something bigger than an ordinary "ceiling" fan.

what height is the ceiling and what drop did you use (how many inches from ceiling)
how many blades? length of blades.
Flush mount will definitely affect circulation.

Also much of the air will sort of blow out to the sides and not directly down.. if you are expecting to feel a giant draft like a box fan blowing on you.
blade pitch and design affect this.
3" 10 ft ceilings.

Go with the highest diameter and blade count you can fit in the space for your dollar.

Minka is typically a good value.

I have a bigass I6 in the living room - and its awesome but expensive, and hunters in the bedrooms/office.

IMG_3085.jpeg

Last edited:
3" 10 ft ceilings.

That doesn’t sound right. Should be more clearance from the ceiling.

Also, check the rotation. Summer and winter have different rotations. Also you need air intake to help cooling. Opening windows on the bottom end provided cooling air.

That doesn’t sound right. Should be more clearance from the ceiling.

Also, check the rotation. Summer and winter have different rotations. Also you need air intake to help cooling. Opening windows on the bottom end provided cooling air.
Oh yeah I had, an electrician install it I purchased it..

17’ x 22’? That sounds pretty close to the same size as our living room. It didn’t have any ceiling fans when we bought the house. I installed one 52” Fanimation on one side and that didn’t do what we needed. So, we installed another one just like it on the other side. Now, we have good air movement. If that fan is centrally located, a 54” would be the absolute minimum size. A 60” would work better. Hunter fans tend to move less air than others.

Back