CD-2 Maxx oil treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff in the silver bottle was on sale at my local Canadian Tire, so I picked up a couple.
I can't seem to find any info on what's in it.
Any ideas? Seems the big hype on the package is "now with anti-wear protection".
I'm just looking for a SLOB substitute, cause we don't have slob up here in Canada.
I'll supply a sample if anyone wants to chip in for a VOA, any Canucks out there want to pony up?
I'm not sure even where to get an analysis done up here either, any suggestions?

I believe that they sell that down here. It's relatively new. If you email them, they may give you a slight idea. I'd bet that it's another zddp additive. Hmmm, I wonder if CD-2 will venture into moly?

I just took a look at the website:

*Increased viscosity and friction modifiers for MAXIMUM engine protection.
* Stops oil bu4rning and exhaust smoke.
* Restores compression and seals worn rings.

Sounds like zddp and a VII. Not bad but don't pay a WHOLE lot.

quote:

Originally posted by rszappa1:
Wht don't you try Misses Butterworths in it...

What is Mrs. Butterworths?
And on what?
confused.gif

Mrs. Butterworth's is syrup. He's implying it's a "motor honey" product.
rolleyes.gif
It's not though. Most of the CD-2 stuff is fairly thin.

I think that CD-2 Maxx oil treatment has a viscosity in the gazillions (no units listed). It is an STP-like product in relation to viscosity. It is advertised as "increases viscosity."

Apologies for dredging up this thread, but did you ever get any response back from CD-2? I noticed this stuff is on sale again at Canadian Tire for less than 3 bucks.

Not a peep, and that was after a few emails.
Tried it, and don't think it did anything good.
I dumped it out and put in some GTX HM and my car is now more quiet and smooth than ever.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back