Caw wash wax?

I know many of you guys are detail fanatics, but what do you all think about the wax that is used at a carwash, either by hand held DIY pressure wash or that a mechanical drive through applies?

Of course I know its not on par with the best products on the market many of you use, but any opinions otherwise?

terrible stuff that is applied over the thin layer of dirt that remains after you go through a touchless wash...but what are ya gonna do? Better than nothing...but hand washing is still 1000% better.

terrible stuff that is applied over the thin layer of dirt that remains after you go through a touchless wash...but what are ya gonna do? Better than nothing...but hand washing is still 1000% better.

Back when I lived in an apartment, I would do bucket washes at the coin op bay in the evenings when the management were gone and I wasn't being a hog by taking up the bay for a bit longer.

They even had a "sink" area where you could fill the bucket with water to make the soap solution.

Then after the wash was done, I'd drive to the vacuum canopy area and spray wax + dry the vehicle. Came out looking great every time.

Back