Catrol GTX, 5,483 miles, 2007 GMC Acadia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MedicRxDoc
The viscosity was 5w30.

I do believe that the Caddy with this engine does spec the GM4718M.

You are right. My caddy requires a synthetic gm specs of GM4718M with the exact same engine as yours.

I never knew why only Caddilac engines required GM4718M while for example the Acadia does not required it. Its the same engine.

If I was you, try one that meets both specs. And check for a new results.

Here's my UOA from my 2005 caddy cts 3.6l vvt:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1437323#Post1437323

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Spykem4e
The viscosity was 5w30.

You are right. My caddy requires a synthetic gm specs of GM4718M with the exact same engine as yours.

I never knew why only Caddilac engines required GM4718M while for example the Acadia does not required it. Its the same engine.

And similarly with the DI engines found in all the 09 Lambdas i.e. "same" engine as in the 08 and 09 CTS and STS.

And I believe that each of these Cadillacs come out of the factory with M1 5W30...again why not for the Lambdas?
54.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
Originally Posted By: Spykem4e
The viscosity was 5w30.

And similarly with the DI engines found in all the 09 Lambdas i.e. "same" engine as in the 08 and 09 CTS and STS.

And I believe that each of these Cadillacs come out of the factory with M1 5W30...again why not for the Lambdas?
54.gif

The reason I was told is the programming that is associated with the Caddy. They said that the Caddy has some more HP and torque because of the programming. This is only what another owner told me, not from any confirmable source.

Maybe this is the reason for the UOA differences. I have in synthetic, not sure if QTorque meets the GM4718M spec though. I am going to watch other UOAs and see what other owners have going on.

Maybe this is the reason for the UOA differences. I have in synthetic, not sure if QTorque meets the GM4718M spec though. I am going to watch other UOAs and see what other owners have going on.

Funny you say this as just this morning I picked up a couple of cases of Q Horsepower at a very good price (Cdn $). I know that Q Horsepower meets GM4718M (and of course GM6094M). I plan to use this oil in my 09 Traverse and of course do a UOA(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back