Cat pee

My cat likes to pee near an inside wall. He poops in a litter box.
What can I do to stop him from peeing inside short of beating him which I wont do. I did purchase some spray for that problem but, it didn't work.

I presume you went to the vet and they said he was fine?

If its not medical, clean the area thoroughly with white vinegar to remove his scent. Its still there. Abuse isnt an adult answer and wont solve the problem. Also, try adding a 2nd litter box elsewhere.

Did anything change? Sounds like he is upset. Another pet, someone else in the house, you moved the box, different work hours, etc?

If not, then your back to all the steps to re-train the cat like you did the first time.

1713380058675.jpg

On a serious note, have you tried changing litter? My ex's cat hated certain litters.

Cat pee is the worst. Basically impossible to get rid of the smell. It's the reason I gave up on cats years ago. No matter what I did they still occasionally took a pee outside the litter box.

My CEO's cat peed on her company laptop and burned into the motherboard. I smelled it the moment she came into my office...ugh.

Last edited:
What can I do to stop him from peeing inside short of beating him which I wont do. I did purchase some spray for that problem but, it didn't work.
Some suggestions.

Buy another box and put it where he has been peeing.
Buy a bigger box.
If using something other than clay, try clay litter.
Buy a pheromone diffuser (i.e. Feliway) and place it in the room where the cat is peeing.

Cleaning up cat pee really requires total saturation of the area with an enzyme cleaner and may require 2-3 applications. I've had good success with Skout's Honor Cat Urine Destroyer and Nature's Miracle.

This topic was posted two weeks ago.

By you.

Did you not get the answers you needed in that thread?

Is there another outside cat in your yard? I've seen plenty of episodes of My Cat From Hell where the presence of an outdoor cat near your house caused an indoor cat to become territorial. Did the vet check for a urinary tract infection?

Is there another outside cat in your yard? I've seen plenty of episodes of My Cat From Hell where the presence of an outdoor cat near your house caused an indoor cat to become territorial. Did the vet check for a urinary tract infection?

I ended up having to get rid of a pet because of this. There was a neighborhood cat that constantly provoked my indoor cat, causing him to spray anything and everything. Sad...I loved that cat. His name was Tana...Katana (Cat Tana) - all my pets are named after motorcycles. I have also had a cat named Busa, and my current kitty is named Tenni.

I ended up having to get rid of a pet because of this. There was a neighborhood cat that constantly provoked my indoor cat, causing him to spray anything and everything. Sad...I loved that cat. His name was Tana...Katana (Cat Tana) - all my pets are named after motorcycles. I have also had a cat named Busa, and my current kitty is named Tenni.
On the TV show they used motion detectors that sprayed water on anything that moved in the lawn to keep the outside animals away.

Some suggestions.

Buy another box and put it where he has been peeing.
Buy a bigger box.
If using something other than clay, try clay litter.
Buy a pheromone diffuser (i.e. Feliway) and place it in the room where the cat is peeing.

Cleaning up cat pee really requires total saturation of the area with an enzyme cleaner and may require 2-3 applications. I've had good success with Skout's Honor Cat Urine Destroyer and Nature's Miracle.

Another product that works on cat urine..

I have found Arm and Hammer laundry pods… Melt one in a half gallon of hot water. And like you said it takes total saturation 2-3 times with approximately 8-12 ozs of this concentrate.. Rub in with an old towel and use another clean one then do it again with a third clean towel.

I can't believe you would even consider beating him; what kind of a monster are you?

If you are in the need of ceiling in the wall and it's been previously painted I would recommend white pigmented shellac. If it keeps it up, put him outside.

The spot where my female cat peed when she had her UTI stinks SOOOOO BAD!!! I've tried several enzymatic cleaners made specifically for cat urine, and nothing has gotten rid of the smell. The area of carpet where she peed is going to have to be cut out. My wife and I have had cats since we met in 1999, and this has made us both swear off ever having another.

I had a cat who began doing this as he got older. Eventually he was banned from the house and required to live outside in a pet igloo.

The spot where my female cat peed when she had her UTI stinks SOOOOO BAD!!! I've tried several enzymatic cleaners made specifically for cat urine, and nothing has gotten rid of the smell. The area of carpet where she peed is going to have to be cut out. My wife and I have had cats since we met in 1999, and this has made us both swear off ever having another.
Try skout's

Back