Castrol's GC 0W30 replacemrnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
The specs for Castrol's 'real synthetic' Formula R 0W40 are interesting. cSt @ 100C 12.9, @40C 73.6, CCS @ 35C 5,200, HTHS 3.6, Pour point -54C, TBN 10.3. A3/B3/B4, MB 229.3, BMW Longlife, Porsche, Rolls Royce, VW 502.00, 503.01, 505.00 and get this Team Toyota Europe. I'd bet this would be a killer LS1 oil. 12.9cSt is the lowest 40W I've seen and great for those in NA who panic when they see 40W on anything. How long before this appears on shelves in NA I wonder??

I like the sound of this oil, I think it would be great in the LS1 and LT1 engines. I doubt it'll arrive here though.
frown.gif

My prediction is that Mobil 1 0w-30 R will become the mass market leader and replace the hard to find GC. I wish I could say for sure that GC is here to say or what it exactly is, but I can't. I'm very glad though to see another huge oil company role out a high end oil.
smile.gif

Dunno why everyone is so heart bent on the GC stuff .... if you can't get it anymore, just get some Amsoil 0W-30 for the winter and 10W-40 for the summer and you never have to look back and cry a tear over the GC stuff .... I for once believe that we will see the GC stuff slowly replacing the US made Syntec 0W-30......but still then I think the UOAs show that Amsoil can keep up nicely

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
My prediction is that Mobil 1 0w-30 R will become the mass market leader and replace the hard to find GC. I wish I could say for sure that GC is here to say or what it exactly is, but I can't. I'm very glad though to see another huge oil company role out a high end oil.
smile.gif

quote:

Dunno why everyone is so heart bent on the GC stuff .... if you can't get it anymore, just get some Amsoil 0W-30 for the winter and 10W-40 for the summer and you never have to look back and cry a tear over the GC stuff .... I for once believe that we will see the GC stuff slowly replacing the US made Syntec 0W-30......but still then I think the UOAs show that Amsoil can keep up nicely

I agree, even though S2k is over priced. I'm a huge fan of ASL/ATM. I think its as good and you can definitely get it.

My father was using Castrol R 10W-60 in his 1993 HSV Clubsport for years. However, he felt the performance had dropped off.

He switched to 0W-40 and he loves the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back