Castrol Professional V 0w20 w/ Volvo RBS0-2AE use in a Toyota

I'm literally sitting in the hospital with a morphine drip trying to pass a kidney stone. So my imagination is running wild!

Just traded our 2016 Volvo S60 in on a 2019 Toyota C-HR.

I still have 6 quarts of the Castrol Professional V in 0w20 that carries the VCC RBSO-2AE and ACEA 5C designations.

Toyota recommends ILSAC GF-5 0w20.

I'm sure I'm way over thinking this, but I don't see any reason not to run the Castrol.

Screenshot_20220731-214632_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220731-214632_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220731-214632_Gallery.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 14
Why'd you get rid of the Volvo?
Plagued with minor issues.

It was certified pre owned, so the warranty work would have covered a majority of it.

However, the nearest dealership to me is in Salt Lake, which is a 3+ hour drive. Takes a lot of coordination.

The customer service there was terrible. Numerous phone calls and emails went 100% unanswered.

I had one appointment where they even called me the day before to confirm....and when I showed up the following day, they couldn't find my name or appointment. All they could say was I needed to schedule another appointment.

Get well soon, pass that stone!

I’d run that oil a good 5,000-7,000 miles and then put it on a heavy diet if whatever you chose. Shouldn’t be a problem, I believe Toyota calls for 10,000 mile intervals on that car, do what you want with that. There’s a thread a mile long on it going on right now, you should join in on the fun...the thread could use someone on morphine right now.🤣🤣

Plagued with minor issues.

It was certified pre owned, so the warranty work would have covered a majority of it.

However, the nearest dealership to me is in Salt Lake, which is a 3+ hour drive. Takes a lot of coordination.

The customer service there was terrible. Numerous phone calls and emails went 100% unanswered.

I had one appointment where they even called me the day before to confirm....and when I showed up the following day, they couldn't find my name or appointment. All they could say was I needed to schedule another appointment.
That's the price you gotta pay for the "Volvo experience"

Don't get me wrong, the cars look fancy and are thousands less than their Euro competitors, but when the majority of constant small repairs need to be completed by an authorized dealership and finding a local dealer is difficult, the cost "savings" become more apparent.

Last edited:
Never heard of the oil or that Volvo specification until today. Being that it's the same viscosity I would run it if it were my car. I'm sure the Volvo spec is stricter than whatever the Toyota needs.

Back