Castrol GTX loses sludge superiority appeal

Very interesting. Foolish move by Castrol. I guess they thought no-one would ever catch on to what they had done!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Very interesting. Foolish move by Castrol. I guess they thought no-one would ever catch on to what they had done!
+1 \:\!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
 Originally Posted By: addyguy
+1:!
+2

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Ya know Castrol is like the problem kid`s were in high school,Alway`s in trouble some where!!
The British never seem to be able to do anything right without getting themselves into trouble...

Ya know Castrol is like the problem kid`s were in high school,Alway`s in trouble some where!!
The British never seem to be able to do anything right without getting themselves into trouble...
StevieC, All these years and I didn't know Castrol was British owned.

It may be British owned, but it's the US marketing department that comes up with this stuff.

I know this as I have British heritage in my family. My mom's parents are from Ireland & UK and I have a ton of relatives over there and here (formerly there) who have also worked for Castrol here in Canada. It's British owned, it's a reasonably great product, but like Johnny says, the marketing is the pits. It's too bad.

I know this as I have British heritage in my family. My mom's parents are from Ireland & UK and I have a ton of relatives over there and here (formerly there) who have also worked for Castrol here in Canada. It's British owned, it's a reasonably great product, but like Johnny says, the marketing is the pits. It's too bad.
Both sides of my family {grandparents, and my mom was born there} came from Italy and I wouldn't buy a Ferrari.

Originally Posted By: sunfire
Castrol GTX is still a good oil.... In Borat's voice... NOT!
Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water: No question that Castrol's advertising is terrible, but there's nothing wrong with GTX.

"The test procedures and protocols are not publicly available and thus NAD was not able to evaluate the test." ....and the big deal is...?

Originally Posted By: buster
Castrol please read this: Your marketing is LAME.
Yep! I'd still like to flatten out that retard that hits people with a dipstick!

I agree that their advertising isn't the best, but I still believe GTX is one of the best dino oils out there, and will continue to use it.

Originally Posted By: Alex38
I agree that their advertising isn't the best, but I still believe GTX is one of the best dino oils out there, and will continue to use it.
Yeah, our old Neon loved GTX...more than any other kind. Burned through that fast than any other oil I've seen.... Still good stuff though!