castrol gtx hm vs valvoline maxlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: skyship
Castrol are the worlds leading engine oil company in technical terms and if they don't publish full technical details it's more likely to be case of not wanting other companies to copy their specs. Very few members of the public ask for full technical details, so it would not be a high priority in web site editing terms.

Your first point, I'm not so sure, the second point, yes. Of course, I don't expect them to print the "recipe" as it were or anything else proprietary, but you're not giving a lot of information away to the competition by publishing proper HTHS, KV, and cold cranking values, even some zinc contents and TBN.

Now, as for whether it's a big issue with the public and how many people want that information, for sure. Aside from BITOGers, probably very few ask for such information.

Originally Posted By: skyship
Castrol are the worlds leading engine oil company in technical terms and if they don't publish full technical details it's more likely to be case of not wanting other companies to copy their specs. Very few members of the public ask for full technical details, so it would not be a high priority in web site editing terms.
I doubt very much that you will find a better HM oil, although Mobil probably make one that will be just as good, as both Castrol and Mobil spend a lot more on engine oil R&D than the other companies.

Maybe up there where you are Castrol is the king however here they make oil that suits the oem's scheduled intervals,so they tend to be weaker than their other worldly counterparts.
Castrol makes an average oil,and I can get pennzoil cheaper,for better oil.
Your blanket statements don't apply to anywhere but your neibourhood,educate yourself before putting your foot in your mouth. Or don't. It's much more fun for me when you make such comments,and for others as well it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back