Castrol EDGE Rebate through 12/15/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched, but didn't yet see any posts notifying folks of the Castrol EDGE Rebate that is valid through 12/15/2009. Get a $15 rebate on the purchase of five 1-quart bottles, or a $10 rebate on the purchase of one 5-quart jug. Click here for the rebate form.

My local Walmart carries the 5-quart jugs for $26.50. With Michigan 6% sales tax minus the rebate, it comes to $3.62/quart. At that price, I figured I'd give it a try.

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe with the QR25DE (i.e. 2.5l I4) engine. It could very well be my imagination, but it really seems to like that oil. Again, it could be my imagination, but it seems to run a bit smoother since I filled it with 5-quarts of 5W-30 when I changed the oil and filter over the weekend.

Castrol EDGE is considered and advanced synthetic and guaranteed for 15,000 miles or 1-year. I have a hard time feeling comfortable with an OCI that long, but what do you all think about running it for 7,500 miles?

BITOG do not seem to like BP Edge or Syntec here givn 0w30 euro formula is same price - but they may be missing the boat for short OCI. I am ruuning plain jane 5w-30 Syntec in my Yaris for mandated 5K oci and its the best this engine has run since I had Motul 8100 in it. My car likes a bit more vis for the VVTi to work in the correct range - so I sub'd a pint of 10w40 syntec. 7500 miles thats dino territory
wink.gif
7500 miles should be no problem unless you do 2 mile trips every day in the dead of winter. These oils have near HDEO TBN and almost 0.3% Ca. Get a good high capacity filter on there too like Fram XG or Purolator - S.A. BOSCH in some fitments now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back