Castrol Edge Professional - Black Light signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this Castrol PDS
http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/bp_internet/castrol/castrol_usa/STAGING/local_assets/downloads/p,q/EDGE_Professional_European_PDS_July_2012.pdf

With the statement
Quote:
The product formulation also contains color that is visible only under a UV light, which represents our
signature of authenticity.

Interested if anyone has some Edge professional and a a black light.

I've got some Magnatec Professional, which showed up a blue/purple, which was the same as Delvac 1330 and Caltex C3.

Penrite Racing 5W-30 glowed green.

How long before some ricer comes up with a clear valve cover and appropriate LEDs so they can show this stuff off at night?

Originally Posted By: eljefino
How long before some ricer comes up with a clear valve cover and appropriate LEDs so they can show this stuff off at night?

I'll take one for the team... Time to go but a rice burner and create transparent motor

That would be kind of neat actually. Never thought about something like that before. It would have to be some very tough plastic to withstand heat.

What's a "ricer"? And why are they called "ricers"?

Originally Posted By: JavierG

What's a "ricer"? And why are they called "ricers"?

Ricer-A person who makes unnecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster.

It typically refers to Japanese cars, but that might depend on where you live?? It's a term I don't use much myself.

I left my black light back in the late 60's and have never looked back
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back