Castrol Edge 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edge w/ Syntec (black bottle) or Edge w/ Titanium (gold bottle)? Comparison to Amsoil XL and Mobil 1 will mostly be subjective. Both Edge variations are good. Gold bottle is an extended drain comparable to Mobil 1 Extended Performance.

I ran a 6K mile interval in my Nissan a couple of years ago and the TBN was 6.3. It seemed to shear a bit more than Pennzoil Ultra.

Last edited:
Castrol Edge is pure liquid Gold, you won't find a better oil. It was developed in response to requests from the German auto industry who in 2010 (Last set of figures I have seen) produced twice as many cars than the US auto sector and by a company that spends far more on oil R&D than even Mobil spends.
If you don't have a hot running race turbo or like long OCI's, then GTX 5/30 a part synthetic is nearly as good and often much cheaper.

I always hate it when people ask about "Castrol Edge".

Which one? Edge w/Syntec? Or Edge w/Titanium?

Two completely different oils folks.

All of them will take your engine hundreds of thousands of miles.

Just be sure to keep up regular OCIs.

Pick the one you can get the cheapest. As Hyde244 said they will all get your engine all the benefits of a good lube, you would almost be splitting hairs. The only time you may want to really do some research is if you have a modded engine or you live in persistent sub zero (F) temps. Syntec is a great lube. Edge FST is a notch above. Flip a coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back