Castrol Edge 0W40....what do I use it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I have PP EURO 0W40 in my f150's 4.2V6 right now. My engine (150K miles) runs the quietest ever, since adding this oil. And, I have used A LOT of different brands and weights, in my engine.
I have (6) qts. of Castrol 0W40 on deck for my next OCI. Someone told the local Redneck Cajuns around here about it being on clearance at WM and they swooped it up faster than you can say JOHN DEERE TRACTOR.
grin.gif

I got lucky here. Localish store had a ton of it and the employees at that particular store don't tend to stay on top of things, so it wasn't yet marked down, even though it scanned at $2/quart and $7/jug.

I got a "Hyper Tough" 6 gallon compressor and a 1700 PSI pressure washer (also Hyper Tough) for $30 each yesterday at the same store. They were on closeout, showed as in stock, but weren't on the shelves. Had a guy look and they were sitting on a shelf in the back.

If you have a terribly run Walmart in the middle of nowhere the deals are abundant!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jeepwm69
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I have PP EURO 0W40 in my f150's 4.2V6 right now. My engine (150K miles) runs the quietest ever, since adding this oil. And, I have used A LOT of different brands and weights, in my engine.
I have (6) qts. of Castrol 0W40 on deck for my next OCI. Someone told the local Redneck Cajuns around here about it being on clearance at WM and they swooped it up faster than you can say JOHN DEERE TRACTOR.
grin.gif

I got lucky here. Localish store had a ton of it and the employees at that particular store don't tend to stay on top of things, so it wasn't yet marked down, even though it scanned at $2/quart and $7/jug.

I got a "Hyper Tough" 6 gallon compressor and a 1700 PSI pressure washer (also Hyper Tough) for $30 each yesterday at the same store. They were on closeout, showed as in stock, but weren't on the shelves. Had a guy look and they were sitting on a shelf in the back.

If you have a terribly run Walmart in the middle of nowhere the deals are abundant!

There is a town about 20 miles south of Tampa called Sun City Center. It's a retirement town just for elderly folks. 99% of the residents there get around on golf carts. The WM there has about 80-100 golf cart parking spots.
My local WM here is in BFE. They actually have tractor parking spots! I should have taken a pic while I was at WM this AM. There were 3-4 tractors parked.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back