Castrol Act Evo 4T 20W-50

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPQ

Anybody use this oil?

I looked for it in the UOA and did not see anything on it.

Reason being is that cycle gear has it on sale for 25.00 a gallon. Buy 3 get one free!

I was thinking about using it in my 2009 Dcuati Monster 1100S. It's a semi-synthetic and I was planning on changing it about every 6 months or 1.5k.

Thanks
Q

Are you saying your changing the oil at 1500 miles,or 15000 miles.
1500 miles is a total waste.
Give it a shot a do a few uoa for us. We love data. Especially on an unseen product

Yup 1.5k. I'm ride pretty hard. Hard enough to use all of the rear tire from edge to edge. Don't take it to redline but I do workout the motor and tranny pretty hard.

Especially soon temps on the way to work are going to be over 100 and this summer is going to be really bad.

The current oil in the case has got about 1k on it and I can tell it is getting about time to change it. Tranny shifting is getting sluggish. It's currently got Motul 300V. I am ready to pull it out and send it in for a UOA and see if what I feel during riding matches the oil.

I have always used Belray in my air cooled Ducati's and Motul in my water cooled.

Now that Pablo got me interested in Amsoil as they have a distribution center here, I'm going to get my filters in town and possibly some oil, not sure on oil though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back