cashew chicken, rice & egg roll--$4.45 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$4.45! Can't beat that price these days!

A little Chinese place in town that we completely forgot about after thinking their dishes were too salty many moons ago was revisited by us last week. $10.05 w/tax for two complete meals.

Comparatively, Big Mac "meal" is near $6 + tax. I can't believe people spend the money on such khrap food when the ma & pa places of the world have such good food--and plenty of it! The take out package was full, barely any room to spare.

I'm glad the wife remembered about this little place. Can't go anywhere to get a full, good-tasting meal for $10 w/tax anymore. And no, their dishes aren't that salty.

In the KC area we have many good, resonably priced Chinese restaurants. The price you mention is about average for their lunch time combo plates. A chain grocery store in town has coupons on the back of their receipts for 2 pints of entree and pint of rice for $4.98. I can eat on this for three days and the food is quite good, if you go at the peak hours. But today the GF and I had two Mickey D's Big Mac meals for $10.12. This was the first time we had Mickey D's in a long time and it was quite tasty, hot and freshly prepared. A pleasant surprise. Just wish the fries were as good as they used to be. Miss that beef tallow.
grin2.gif

That's a good deal. Around here most Chinese places run a lunch special in the $5.50 to $6.95 range. Chinese buffets seem to run around $6.95.

My neighborhood Chinese joint isn't cheap but I buy several dishes for around $16.00. That gets me 4 meals plus free crab rangoons or egg rolls. Just like Costco it pays to stock up on good Chinese food.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
$4.45! Can't beat that price these days!

A little Chinese place in town that we completely forgot about after thinking their dishes were too salty many moons ago was revisited by us last week. $10.05 w/tax for two complete meals.

Comparatively, Big Mac "meal" is near $6 + tax. I can't believe people spend the money on such khrap food when the ma & pa places of the world have such good food--and plenty of it! The take out package was full, barely any room to spare.

I'm glad the wife remembered about this little place. Can't go anywhere to get a full, good-tasting meal for $10 w/tax anymore. And no, their dishes aren't that salty.

We have 2 local Chinese places which have lunch specials as well.
One has great sweet and sour chicken, with rice and soup for $5.45. The other has great Chicken Rice soup for $2.25.

Good stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back